Let the studio be your classroom
Built on a strong foundation in the principles of music, the Sound Recording and Music Technology program (SRT) at Montgomery County Community College will prepare you for a career in the growing entertainment industry. Located in the Advanced Technology Center at Central Campus in Blue Bell, you will have access to state of the art recording technology, including, but not limited to: computer labs, recording studios and electronic music labs.
Our robust program will pair you with expert faculty, like Grammy-nominated and multi-platinum engineer/producer, David Ivory, who will teach you the necessary skills to meet and exceed the expectations of the industry. The SRT A.A.S degree from MCCC will allow you to go straight into the workforce or transfer directly to a 4-year school.
- You will enroll in the required Entrepreneurial Essentials class which will ready you to work in the industry or start a business.
- Gain a comprehensive background in sound recording, music production and music technology expertise comparable to the first two years at a media conservatory.
- A 9% growth in employment opportunities for broadcast and sound engineering technicians is predicted through 2022.
- Internship and apprenticeship opportunities are available.
- Partake in live performances alongside professional artists.
Center for Music Technology at MCCC
The Center for Music Technology, home to the SRT program, is expanding to include a world-class, state-of-the-art “Mixing Suite”. Currently, the Center has multiple recording studios, music technology labs and a radio/podcast interview recording suite.
The Suite will be one of just a handful of facilities on the East Coast with the technology to teach “real world experience” to our students.