The Theater Arts curriculum is designed for students planning to transfer to a baccalaureate program in Theater or related studies. The curriculum provides both a liberal arts (core studies) background and theater arts coursework comparable to the first two years at a four-year institution.
The program meets the competencies and requirements specified by the Pennsylvania Department of Education’s Transfer Agreement Oversight Committee (TAOC) for seamless transfer to schools in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE).
A graduate should be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the personal, social and aesthetic value of the art of theater.
- demonstrate knowledge of basic, individual and ensemble acting skill.
- analyze theater history and literature using research, critical thinking skills and performing arts vocabulary.
- apply skills necessary for the planning, production, direction and evaluation a theatrical performance.
- distinguish the roles of actor, director, playwright, designers, producers and other professionals involved in creating theater.
- comprehend the engagement between artists and audience in the act of theater.
Students enrolled in the Theatre Arts AA program must earn a C or better in all THA courses for graduation.
|THA 105||Introduction to Acting I: Improvisation and Fundamentals||3|
|THA 114||Introduction to Theater||3|
|ENG 101||English Composition I||3|
|Elective||HIS 101, HIS 102 or HIS 205||3|
(15 Credit Hours)
|Theater Production Workshop I: Introduction to Stage Craft||3|
|THA 106||Introduction to Acting II: Scene Study||3|
|THA 151||Theater Production Workshop II: Applied Stage Craft||3|
|COM 111||Mass Media and Society||3|
|Elective||Core Goal 4: Computer Fluency||3|
(15 Credit Hours)
|English Composition II||3|
|THA 201 or THA 205||Acting for the Camera or Directing: Creating World of Stage||3|
|THA 203||Theater Production Workshop III: Advanced Stage Craft||3|
|Math Elective||Core Goal 3: Quantitative Skills
Students may not take MAT 103 to meet this goal.
|Elective||English Literature ENG 235, 236, 237 or 275||3|
(16 Credit Hours)
|Core Goal 8: Physical and Life Sciences||4|
|Elective||Theater (THA 105, 106, 201, 114, 150, 151 or 203 may not be used to fulfill this requirement)||3|
|Elective||Music, Art, Communications or Dance||3|
|Elective||Core Goal 10: Exercise and Health Sciences||2-3|
(14-15 Credit Hours)
TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS CREDIT: 60-61
|*||Students must consult an advisor for recommended electives, to meet requirements at transfer institutions.|