Candidates for the A.A.S. Degree in Nursing may progress within the program and be recommended to the PA State Board of Nursing for licensure and eligibility to take the NCLEX-RN examination if the following requirements have been met.
- Minimum grades of "C" in all nursing and related science courses
- Complete each sequence as identified under Sequence of Courses
A student who withdraws from the Nursing Program and is readmitted at a later date must successfully complete the requirements in effect when readmitted.
Students must complete the Nursing Program within eight semesters from the date of the first official enrollment in the clinical component of the program.
The PA State Board of Nursing may refuse, suspend or revoke any license in any case where the Board shall find that the applicant
- Has been convicted or has pleaded guilty or entered a plea of nolo contendere or has been found guilty by a judge or jury of a felony or a crime of moral turpitude, or has received probation without verdict, disposition in lieu of trial or an Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition in the disposition of felony charges, in courts of this Commonwealth, the United States, or any other state, territory or country;
- Has committed fraud or deceit in securing admission to the practice of nursing or to the College s Nursing Program;
- Is unable to practice professional nursing with reasonable skill and safety to clients by reason of mental or physical illness or condition or physiological or psychological dependence upon alcohol, hallucinogenic or narcotic drugs or other drugs which tend to impair judgment or coordination, so long as such dependence shall continue.
For a complete list of reasons why the PA State Board of Nursing may refuse a professional nursing license to an applicant, refer to section 14 of the Professional Nurse Laws P.L. 651, No. 99. All questions related to licensure are to be directed to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, State Board of Nursing, P.O. Box 2649, Harrisburg, PA 17105-2649.
Last Updated/Reviewed: March 2013, February 2007