Montgomery County Community College’s Cloud Computing Certificate introduces students to the various components of cloud computing, including:
- Computer Networking
- Data Storage and Storage Area Networks
- Windows Server and Hyper-V
- Cloud services
- Advanced Virtualization Technologies
Students are prepared with the knowledge to take the following certification examinations:
- Microsoft Windows Server and Hyper-V
- CompTIA Cloud Essentials
- Storage+ and Cloud+
- EMC Proven Professional Information Storage Associate (EMCISA)
- VMware vSphere
- Citrix XEN Desktop and Citrix XEN App
- Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT)
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- design and configure local and wide area networks.
- explain the concepts, components and deployment of cloud computing and provisioning.
- explain concepts and components of Data Storage and storage design.
- configure and deploy Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems.
- configure and deploy virtualization technologies.
- develop a plan with strategies to pass the certifying exams.
|CIS 155||PC Applications on Networks||3|
|CIS 170||Introduction to Networks||3|
|CIS 166||Introduction to Cloud Computing||3|
|CIS 167||Introduction to Data Storage and Storage Area Networks||3|
(15 Credit Hours)
|Windows Server Administration and Support||3|
|CIS 168||Data Centers and Cloud Storage||3|
|CIS 171||Routing and Switching Essentials||3|
|CIS 258||Advanced Windows Server Administration and Support||3|
(12 Credit Hours)
|CIS 141||Introduction to Linux||3|
|CIS 204||Citrix XEN Desktop and XEN App||3|
|CIS 205||Windows Server Hyper-V||3|
(12 Credit Hours)
TOTAL PROGRAM CREDIT HOURS: 39
|*||The Director of Information Technology Programs can waive CIS 155 if the student has taken CIS 110 or has equivalent knowledge.|