The Cyber Security Certificate program will teach students knowledge and skills in the areas of computer and network security, ethical hacking, computer forensics, data networking and computer hardware and support. The program is ideal for industry professionals looking to upgrade their skills, individuals looking to change careers, or college students who wish to specialize in the field of cyber security.
Graduates are prepared to pursue employment as entry-level network security technicians and engineers or computer support technicians. Graduates are also eligible to sit for industry examinations that validate their skillsets to prospective employers. These include A+, Network+, Microsoft MTA, Security+, Cisco CCENT, CCNA Security and EC-CEH.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Apply the principles and components of cyber security;
- Use computer forensics to investigate cyber-attacks;
- Implement ethical hacking to assess cyber security postures and vulnerabilities;
- Design and implement secure networks;
- Design, implement, and maintain a local area network; and
- Analyze and solve computer hardware and software problems.
|CIS 113||PC Maintenance and Support||3|
|CIS 170||Introduction to Networks||3|
|CIS 158||Windows Server Administration and Support||3|
|PC Applications on Networks||3|
|CIS 141||Introduction to Linux||3|
|CIS 171||Routing and Switching||3|
|CIS 207||Introduction to Computer Forensics||3|
|Network Security Fundamentals||3|
|CIS 208||Implementing Network Security||3|
TOTAL PROGRAM CREDIT HOURS: 30
Created on: 3/6/2015