Use writing, speaking, reading, listening, and observational skills to understand, organize, receive and convey information.
- Demonstrate the ability to write in a carefully developed and well-supported manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to speak in an organized and well-supported manner.
- Organize ideas for various audiences and purposes.
- Critically evaluate information from written, oral, graphic, or mass media communications.
- Use proper syntax, grammar, punctuation, and manuscript style.
Courses Meeting Written Communication Outcomes
- ENG 101 English Composition I
- ENG 102 English Composition II
- ENG 115 Writing for Technical Communication
- ENG 117 Writing for Business and Industry
- COM 230 The Movies: Meanings and Methods
- SPC 125 Introduction to Public Relations
- SPC 225 Writing for Public Relations Campaigns
Courses Meeting Oral Communication Outcomes
- SPC 110 Speech Communication
- SPC 111 Cross-Cultural Emphasis: Introduction to Speech Communication
- SPC 113 Voice and Articulation
- SPC 120 Public Speaking
- SPC 230 Communication in Organizations
- THA 105 Introduction to Acting I: Improvisation and Fundamentals
- THA 114 Introduction to Theatre
Last Updated: 7/3/14