High School and Dual Enrollment

Get a jump start on college while still attending high school. Participating in the Dual Enrollment program is a great way to transition into college. Since 2006-07, program participation has increased more than 300 percent. Find out what has attracted thousands of students into the Dual Enrollment program at Montgomery County Community College.

Dual Enrollment is when high school students take college classes. The students are enrolled in high school and college at the same time.

Dual Credit is a subset of dual enrollment. It is when students take college classes at their high school and receive both high school and college credit for the college course.

High school students who are age 15 years or older and meet the pre-requisites for the course they want to take are eligible to apply.

Watch our Dual Enrollment Video to learn more.

Dual Enrollment Brochure

Options for Dual Enrollment

  • Take classes on campus — High school students are welcome to come to our Central Campus in Blue Bell, West Campus in Pottstown, or our offsite locations to take classes with the rest of our students. Some of our partner high schools will adjust students' schedules so that students may attend college during the regular school day. Other students take evening, weekend, and summer courses on campus.
  • Take classes through e-learning—Some dual enrollment students don't have transportation so they find it convenient to take online courses. Some partner high schools even schedule a time in the students' schedules to report to a computer to work on their college online course.
  • Take classes at partner high schools—Check with your high school counselor to learn about dual credit opportunities in your school.

Reasons to Participate

  • Expanded course selection
  • Academic challenge
  • Affordable tuition
  • College credit while still in high school

Next Step

  • Complete the Free Online application
  • Once you receive your College student number, take placement tests, if needed.
  • Complete the Dual Enrollment Registration form (if taking a course at your high school, please complete the form specific to your school. You may get the form from your school administrator)
  • Make Payment on Webadvisor.

Important Forms for student taking courses at their High School

If for any reason you may need to drop or withdrawal from the course you are taking, please submit this form to your guidance counselor who will submit it to your official college admissions representative.

After High School Graduation

Continue your education at the College. As a dual enrollment student you are already established as a student and you can automatically register for classes. If you would like an advisor to contact you to talk about your options for continuing your education at the College after high school graduation, complete this form and we will be in touch with you soon.

Transfer your credits to another four-year college or university. Our courses have a very high transfer rate. Contact the Admissions Office of the college you are interested in attending to check on transferability.

Fill out the form below to learn more about the Dual Enrollment Opportunities