If you are transferring in the middle of an academic year (i.e., after the fall semester), make sure your financial aid will be in place for the spring semester by doing the following.
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Change the school listing to Montgomery County Community College (School Code 004452) if you have already filed a FAFSA at your present school. You can do this online or by making the correction on your SAR (Student Aid Report) and mailing it.
- Contact PHEAA at 1-800-692-7392 to change the school that is listed to receive your state grant information.
- Provide the Registrar’s Office with a copy of your most recent transcript from all previous schools.
- Cancel any financial aid at your previous school.
For Federal Direct Stafford Loan funding, the number of credits that Montgomery County Community College has accepted as transfer credits will be used to determine your grade level — not the number of credits you have completed at your previous school.
End of Academic Year Transfer
If you are planning to transfer here for the next academic year, complete the following.
- File your FAFSA, listing Montgomery County Community College (School Code 004452) as your intended school, before the May 1 deadline to be considered for maximum financial aid.
- Provide our Office of Student Records and Registration with a copy of your most recent transcript from all previous schools.