Make Montgomery County Community College Your Home Away From Home
Each year, hundreds of students from countries across the world chose to attend Montgomery County Community College. Here, you’ll receive an outstanding education while being part of a vibrant campus community that celebrates diversity every day!
We can help you reach your goals:
- Improve your English skills;
- Begin a new career;
- Earn credits toward a bachelor’s degree;
- Transfer your credits to a U.S. college or university of your choice.
Best of all, we have everything international students need to be successful—including specialized advising, tutoring, student clubs and much, much more. See our full list of International Student Services to learn more.
As a student at Montgomery County Community College, you can expect:
- Diverse Programs – We offer more than 100 academic programs with no restrictions on what associate’s degree you can earn. Examples include Business Administration, Nursing, Engineering, Biotechnology and Culinary Arts, to just name a few!
- Quality Education and Faculty – With a student-faculty ratio of 19:1, students get individualized attention from nationally-recognized scholars, scientists, artists, educations, economists, volunteers, musicians and authors. We also offer one-on-one tutoring to help you achieve success. Meet our faculty.
- ESL – We offer a comprehensive ESL program with basic, intermediate and advanced levels to help prepare our international students for a college education. Nearly 75% of students who complete ESL go on to pass college-level English composition on their first attempt!
- Affordable Tuition – Because we strive to keep our tuition affordable, our students graduate from college with less debt. See the Admissions Checklist for International Students for tuition information.
- Transfer Opportunities – We have transfer agreements with more than 60 four-year colleges and universities, and many of our partners offer scholarships to qualifying students. This means you can expect a smooth transition when you’re ready to earn a bachelor’s degree.
- Career Assistance – Many of our academic programs incorporate practical experience in the field, which is a great way for international students to start a career in the U.S. or world. The College also offers career counseling and job search assistance.
- Cutting Edge Technology – Did you know that we’re recognized as one of the most technologically advanced community colleges in the U.S.? Here, you’ll get hands-on experience with the latest tools and technologies.
- Location, Accessibility and Safety—You can study at our suburban Central Campus, urban West Campus, new Culinary Arts Institute—or at a combination of the three! All of our locations are safe and can be easily accessed by public transportation. We even offer a free inter-campus shuttle service! Housing assistance is also available through the College’s International Student Services office.
- Active Campus Life– The College has something for everyone. We offer more than 50 student clubs and organizations, including an International Club, ESL Café, HOLA!, African Student Club, Asian Club and the Muslim Student Association.
- Partnership: Conditional Admission and ELS Language Center Opportunities for ELS students to start college education upon completion of the ELS 110 level. Montgomery County Community College partners with ELS Educational Services (www.ELS.edu) to provide conditional admission for students who are academically qualified, but who don't meet our English Language proficiency requirements at the time of the application to the college.