The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) was created by the College Board to allow students to demonstrate college-level achievement through a series of exams in undergraduate content. View their CLEP Exam Registration Tutorial.
CLEP at Montgomery County Community College
Both Montgomery County Community College Blue Bell and Pottstown Campuses are "open" test sites. This means we will administer CLEP exams to any student interested, including students who may attend schools out of state.
Before taking a CLEP exam, gather all relevant information about your institution's CLEP credit-granting policies. Policies vary among institutions concerning which CLEP examinations are acceptable for credit. Because some institutions might not accept all tests, double check before registering for a test you might not receive credit for.
- List of CLEP Equivalency (PDF)
- All CLEP testing is computer-based and exams are available year-round.
- You can take only two exams on any given exam date.
- Effective October 17, 2014, CLEP policy allows for exams to be repeated after a three-month waiting period. Please note that the policy change is not retroactive, so candidates who tested prior to October 17, 2014 must still wait six months before retaking the same exam.
- All exams are scored on a scale of 20 to 80, and the recommended credit-granting score for all exams is 50, a score representative of a grade of C.
- Score reports are available immediately upon completion of the exam.
- The institution you indicated as a score recipient will receive their copy approximately three to four weeks after your exam is scored.
- If you are a member of the U.S. Armed Forces on active duty or reserve status, the $80 testing fee will be waived due to DANTES funding. You must provide military identification on the day of the test. You still must pay the college's administrative fee. Please check the college board's website to verify eligibility: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/clep/military.html
- CLEP exam credits will be entered on a student's MCCC transcript only if the student is currently enrolled or has graduated from Montgomery County Community College.
- Students with disabilities who need accommodations for CLEP testing should contact the Director of Disabilities Services at the Central Campus Disabilities Services Center at (215) 641-6575. Students with hidden disabilities will need to submit documentation to verify their eligibility for accommodations. Approval for accommodations must be received before making an appointment to test — make sure to leave enough time to get approval and make your appointment.
Blue Bell: College Hall Room 264
Pottstown: South Hall Room 161