EXTRA CREDITS FOR LESS
Registration for Guest/Visiting Students begins on March 14, 2013
Montgomery County Community College welcomes students at other institutions or those interested in taking a course for personal enrichment to be our guest. If you’re enrolled somewhere else, there’s no better place than Montgomery County Community College to pick up a few transferable credits at a low cost through online, hybrid or summer courses.
Use this online Guest/Visiting student registration form if you meet ONE of the following conditions:
- You already have an Associate's, Bachelor's degree or higher
- You are currently enrolled as a matriculated student at another college or university
- You are taking courses for personal enrichment
And you meet BOTH of the following conditions:
- You do not intend to enroll as a full-time student (12 or more credits/semester) and,
- You have no intent of receiving a degree at Montgomery County Community College.
If you do not meet these conditions you must complete a regular student Admissions Application.
A guest student is not eligible for financial aid. If you plan on applying for financial aid, you must apply to the college using the admissions process for those seeking a degree.
Here are the basic steps you need to take.
- Check with your own college or university first to learn the necessary credit transfer process and find out which credits will be accepted
- Review our course offerings and all prerequisite/placement test requirements
- Obtain a copy of your transcript only if you’re requesting prerequisite or testing waivers
- Complete our application process (accompanied by your transcript or current course registration if requesting waivers)
- Register for your desired course
- Ask for a copy of your Montgomery County Community College transcript to be sent to your home college/university upon completion of the course
When you want to catch up or jump ahead in credits, turn to us for affordable, high-quality coursework that puts you one step closer to your future.