Up to $500 Total in Prize Money Will be Awarded
|In celebration of its golden anniversary year, Montgomery County Community College invites students, alumni, and present and former employees to enter the 2014 School Song Contest. Entries can either be a traditional "Alma Mater" style song or a "Team Spirit" type of song.
There is nothing to buy or purchase required to enter this promotion.
MCCC reserves the right to cancel or modify this Promotion in the event an insufficient number of entries are received that meet the judging criteria.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to their work: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner(s) of the work; (b) the work is entrant's own creation and is 100% original; and (c) the work will not infringe on any rights of any third parties.
All entries become the sole and exclusive property of MCCC and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. MCCC is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, or technically corrupted entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by MCCC.
- Eligibility. This Promotion is open to all students, alumni as well as present and former employees of MCCC who are at least 18 years of age and are a United States citizen or who otherwise lawfully reside in the United States.
- Judging Criteria. MCCC and its judges (from the MCCC music faculty) reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entry that does not comply with these Official Rules, or contains third party content, or is inappropriate for any reason. MCCC also reserves the right to declare none of the entries to be winners and to re-open the promotion. Submissions will be judged and submitted to the MCCC administration for consideration to become the official school song. All submissions will be judged during the month of October 2014. By entering the Promotion, all entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion.
- Prizes. If a winning song is selected, that entrant will receive $300. Up to two runners-up may receive $100 each.
- General. Submissions may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified, in MCCC's sole and absolute discretion. By entering, each entrant warrants and represents that (1) if their work is selected as a winner, entrant agrees to provide legal releases for the use of such material (including music and lyrics) in any form satisfactory to judges and/or MCCC; (2) that MCCC shall own the submissions (music and lyrics as well as all material embodied therein); (3) that by entering, the entrant assigns to MCCC and its designee(s) any and all rights, title and interest in the submission, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights; and (4) that MCCC and its designee(s) shall have, without limitation, the perpetual right worldwide (but not the obligation) to distribute, adapt, modify, publish, exploit, make derivative works of, and use the submission in any way, as MCCC and/or its designee(s) may determine without further permission from; or notification or consideration to the entrant or any third parties. Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and by the decisions of MCCC. MCCC makes no express warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning use of any submission. Taxes and any other expenses, if any, are the sole responsibility of winner(s).
By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless MCCC, and its partners, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever in connection with, preparation for, or participation in this Promotion, or possession, acceptance and/or use of any prize or participation in any promotion-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Promotion in any way shall be disqualified.
By entering, individuals grant MCCC and its affiliates the unlimited right to use the entrant's name, entry (including words and music), photograph, and likeness for promotional and advertising purposes in any manner or media, known or unknown, selected by MCCC without further notification, permission, or compensation except where prohibited by law. Winners will be required to verify address, age and U.S residency and execute an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity release within ten (10) business days of notification of prize attempt or an alternate winner may be selected. If any winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Liability/Publicity Release must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such prize will be delivered to minor's parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of parent/legal guardian. If any winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) calendar days of first notification attempt, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with these rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one prize per person. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Promotion should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion or if, in MCCC's sole discretion, no suitable entries are received. In such case, MCCC may start another promotional period. MCCC is not responsible if the Promotion cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Promotion in any way shall be disqualified.
- List of Winners. For the name of the winners (available after October 31, 2014), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Montgomery County Community College, Attention: 2014 School Song Competition, East House, 340 DeKalb Pike, Blue Bell, PA 19422-14122 by December 31, 2014.
- Sponsor. To reach the sponsor of this promotion or to obtain a copy of these Official Rules, contact: Montgomery County Community College, East House, 340 DeKalb Pike, Blue Bell, PA 19422-1412.