Top Tips for Montco Students

Hot Topics at Montco

Our top tips to help you start the school year off right.



What is the MyMC3 portal and where do I find it?

The MyMC3 portal, also known as the student portal or account, is your online hub for the College. You can find quick access to links, such as Blackboard, Self-Service and your student email, view college announcements, access your grades, connect with academic support, make payments, and so much more!

Bookmark for easy access or select the 'login' icon in the navigation bar.



How can I login to my Montco email address?

Access your Montco (student) email through your MyMC3 portal. Once you've found the login, bookmark the page.

Do I need to use this email address?

In a word, yes. The College will send you emails periodically, and it is in your best interest to check your inbox. Whether it's a notice about payments, a reminder to register or a snapshot of events on campus, you'll want to tune-in.

Can I forward my student email messages to another email account?

Yes. In a few clicks you can have your student email merged with your preferred inbox. Follow the steps for Gmail or connect with the Help Desk at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 215-641-6495.



Where can I find my class schedule?

You can access your course schedule by logging into Self-Service.

Is Self-Service where I can add/drop courses?

Yes! In addition to finding your course schedule on Self-Service, you can add/drop courses from here too. Remember, changing your schedule could have implications on your financial aid (see above).

When is the add/drop period?

The timeframe for add/drop can depend on your semester and session. Please refer to the registration calendar or contact your advisor.



Where do I buy books?

The Campus Bookstore, operated by Barnes & Noble, is located on both Central and West Campuses. You can stop-in during business hours or order textbooks online.

Can I use financial aid to buy books?

Yes, you can use your financial aid to purchase textbooks! Books must be purchased from the campus bookstores using the book advance. An email notification, with instructions, will be sent to eligible students when your book advance is available.



What is the Mustang card?

The Mustang card is your Montco student ID.

When will I receive my Mustang card?

If you have taken your photo for the ID card, you can expect to receive it in the mail no later than the second week of the semester.

Still need to have your photo taken? Stop by Enrollment Services, located in College Hall (Central) and South Hall (West).

Learn more about the benefits of the Mustang card.

When do I need my Mustang card? Should I bring it to class?

You are not required to bring your ID to class; however, it may be needed to access certain classrooms (labs). Speak with your instructor to verify if you need special access and visit Enrollment Services.

As a Montco student you will need to show your student ID card to access library resources and to gain entry to the new fitness center (located at Central Campus in the Health Sciences Center).



What are my options?

Montco offers students an opportunity to spread-out tuition payments through our payment plan option. Find out if you qualify.



Let's talk refund

Your financial aid refund will be disbursed to you using one of three methods.

  1. Directly deposited to a personal bank account
  2. Electronically loaded to your Mustang (student ID) card
  3. Receive a check by mail

A refund selection kit will be sent to your address where you can select how you'd like to receive your refund. Your Mustang card will also be included in the package.

It is important to note that financial aid may be affected by changes to your course schedule. If you add, drop, or withdraw from a class it may impact your financial aid.



Who is my academic advisor?

Your assigned academic advisor is determined by your program of study and preferred campus location. You can find your advisor by logging onto MySuccessNetwork via the student portal – additional tip: use the quick links shortcut to find it faster!

MySuccessNetwork also allows you to schedule advising appointments online.

Where is the academic advising office?

Academic advising is located in the Student Success Center at both campuses. On Central Campus in Blue Bell, the Center is in College Hall and at West Campus in Pottstown, in Room 151 of South Hall.

Questions? Contact the Student Success Center at 215-641-6577 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..



My goal is to transfer my Montco degree to a four-year institution. How does this work?

The College offers a wealth of transfer opportunities for our students looking to pursue a four-year degree. If you are thinking of transferring after you obtain a Montco degree, you can review our transfer agreements and use our simple search to explore your options.

Your academic advisor can also assist you in the process.



Do I have to get a parking sticker?

Yes. If you are driving to campus you will need a sticker. They are free of charge, and can be obtained at the Welcome Desk - bring you vehicle registration card to complete the form

Can I use the same sticker for all campuses?

Yes, the parking sticker is good for any campus location.

What is the 'green lot'?

For those students that carpool or drive energy-efficient vehicles, you may be eligible to park in the green lot at Central Campus. Ask for more details at Enrollment Services.



Campus building codes and locations...

CENTRAL CAMPUS (map & directions)

ATC Advanced Technology Center Central // Blue Bell  
BOOK Campus Bookstore Central // Blue Bell details
CHCT Children's Center Central // Blue Bell details
COLL College Hall Central // Blue Bell  
EH East House Central // Blue Bell  
FAC Fine Arts Center Central // Blue Bell details
HSC Health Sciences Center Central // Blue Bell  
PARK Parkhouse Hall Central // Blue Bell  
QUAD Quadrangle (courtyard) Central // Blue Bell  
SCIC Science Center Central // Blue Bell  
WH West House Central // Blue Bell  


CAI The Culinary Arts Institute Lansdale details

WEST CAMPUS (map & directions)

BOOK Campus Bookstore West // Pottstown details
NH North Hall West // Pottstown  
SH South Hall West // Pottstown  
SRHC Schuylkill River Heritage Center West // Pottstown  
UC University Center West // Pottstown details



When can I change my major? Is there a deadline?

In order for a change of major to be effective during the current semester, you must submit the request before the last day to drop courses. Any change of major received after this date will be effective the following semester.

Change your major.