Serve the educational, workforce, and cultural needs of our students and County communities by creating innovative, sustainable, meaningful learning experiences and programs that afford access to and drive success of our students both at the College and beyond their experiences here.
Montgomery County Community College will be highly valued as a key community partner that further advances the growth of a vibrant, increasingly diverse Montgomery County. Montgomery County Community College will be viewed as the region’s hub for serving students and our communities with meaningful educational experiences, workforce solutions, and cultural opportunities.
- Champion Student Success
Montgomery County Community College is committed to the success of its students. The College fosters a welcoming and consistent environment in which students can pursue their individual goals. Guided by personalized supports, students are able to participate in a broad set of academic opportunities that prepare the student for success beyond the College.
- Ensure that academic programs and workforce training have market value
- Ensure educational effectiveness of academic offerings
- Engage learners in high impact instructional practices
- Deliver top-tier, consistent, and engaging student experiences
- Align curricular pathways and services with student needs
- Promote student support services to address student basic needs insecurity
- Foster Meaningful External Relationships
Montgomery County Community College invests in meaningful partnerships with external entities in support of our students. Our partners include K-12 schools, higher education institutions, businesses, and governmental and community organizations. The College serves as an educational and cultural hub and relevant resource for the community.
- Redefine K-14 pathways and reciprocal partnerships
- Modernize career services for students, alumni and business and industry partners
- Offer programming that engages the community
- Reestablish government, business and industry, and community relationships
- Grow regional, national, and international collaborations
- Ensure a Sustainable Organization
Through data-informed decision making, Montgomery County Community College develops policies, processes and practices that enable fiscal stability, provide operational efficiencies, prioritize investments, and empower employee success.
- Foster a culture of transparency, inclusivity, and innovation
- Position the College for long-term financial stability
- Ensure regulatory compliance (regional, state, and federal)
- Encourage a philanthropic culture
- Deliver a comprehensive employee workforce plan