Opening Winter 2017, the new Health Sciences Center offers expanded, state-of-the-industry laboratories, classrooms, and clinics to support the education of those in the health care field —from nurses and dental hygienists to physical therapist assistants and medical laboratory technicians.
In addition, the Center will serve the entire student body through renovated and improved athletic and fitness facilities. A 7,000 square foot fitness area features full glass windows, designed to invite students to exercise in a sociable environment. Nearby classrooms will offer convenience to faculty and coaches teaching health and wellness.
Inside the 145,000 square foot building you will find:
- Laboratories and instructional support facilities
- A modern dental hygiene clinic
- New multipurpose competition gym
- Renovated educational gymnasium
- A fitness center and an exercise studio
- Classrooms and department offices
- A café in the large, sky-lit atrium
The building is designed to incorporate many sustainability-related features such as the use of energy efficient equipment, LED lighting, natural lighting for interior spaces, low-VOC (volatile organic compound) materials, and recycled materials.