Bouncer Training for Licensed Establishment Employees
Training is mandatory for bouncers in the City of Philadelphia under penalty of law. Successful candidates will be classified as Protection And Safety Services (PASS) Agents and be eligible to work at Philadelphia Establishments.
Training Program Objectives
- Create a standard of training for individuals responsible for protection and safety at Philadelphia establishments.
- Detect signs of impairment and intoxication, and effectively cut off service to a patron who has had too much to drink.
- Identify underage individuals, and deter minors from coming into the establishment.
- Detect altered, counterfeit, and borrowed patron identification.
- Avoid unnecessary risk and liability at your establishment.
- Decrease alcohol-related problems (underage drinking, vehicle crashes, fights, aggressive behavior etc.) in the community.
- Promotes the employment of registered and trained bouncers.
The initial bouncer training certification program consists of four 4-hour on-site segments, for a total of 16 hours, and the program cost is $495.
Download the APPLICATION.
There is one pre-requisite that must be taken online from RAMP. It is the course entitled Responsible Alcohol Management Program, available through PLCB approved trainers. The cost is $25, and the program is available at RAMP.