Steps for applying to Montco

Being an international student at Montco is exciting and rewarding! We also recognize that it’s an unfamiliar experience. Our goal is to make applying as simple as possible. To help you, we've compiled some important information for beginning your education with us.

Visa Information

We define international students as students who gain admittance to Montco by the issuance of an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Status. If you are applying from outside the United States, you will use the I-20 to apply for an F-1 (student) visa. Any student already in the United States with an F-1 visa must follow the Transfer Admissions guidelines in order to be issued an I-20 from Montco.

Individuals in F-2, J-1, B-1/2 status may not study in the U.S. until they receive a change of visa status. Please contact the Office of Admissions if you require a change of status.

Note: US Citizens, permanent residents, refugees, persons granted asylum, and individuals restricted to part-time study seeking admission to Montco should follow the regular new student application process.

Applying to Montco

Your application will not be evaluated until all documents are received; these must arrive before the application deadline. Transfer students must submit a completed application at least three weeks prior to the start of the semester. You may only apply for fall and spring semesters.

Application deadlines

For overseas applicants only.

  • Fall semester – July 15
  • Spring semester – November 15

Transfer admissions

Applying from Another Institution in the US

Change of status

Montco recognizes that some incoming students are on non-immigrant visas and would like to be F-1s. Although we can give limited assistance during the Change of Status process, you are responsible for submitting the Application for Change of Nonimmigrant Status to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services with the appropriate documentation.

Change of Status applications for transfer admissions must be submitted before the start of the semester you are applying to. We encourage you to consult with a US-Licensed Immigration Law Attorney. For more detailed information review our description for the Change of Nonimmigrant Status to F-1 (Student).