Montgomery County Community College has received funding through generous donations to assist students experiencing financial hardships.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Any degree or certificate MCCC student is eligible to apply.
- Non-degree, guest students, and students who have graduated or withdrawn are not eligible for general emergency grant funding.
- New students must have started attending courses at the College to be considered for emergency grants.
What are the criteria to qualify?
To qualify for general emergency grant funding, at a minimum, you must:
- Be enrolled and attending classes in the current term
- Demonstrate a financial hardship.
- Each funding source has different criteria, meaning that the application will be matched with a fund for which the student qualifies and subject to availability of funding.
How do I apply?
You can apply online by completing the Emergency Assistance request form.
How often can I apply?
You may only apply for and receive emergency funding once per semester. Please note that students who receive automatic distributions of Higher Education Emergency Relief Funding II (HEERF II or HEERF III) Grants are not eligible to apply for additional emergency funding.
How much will I receive?
The College received a limited amount of funds. We cannot guarantee that all applications submitted will be eligible for funding. Grant amounts will be determined based on the number of applications received and the specific needs presented in the application. Generally, emergency grants will not exceed $250.
How do I receive the money?
Emergency grants will be processed through your Montco student account and, if you are enrolled in direct deposit, the funds will be deposited into the bank account on file. If you do not have direct deposit set up with the College, you will receive a refund check in the mail.
What other resources are available to help with personal finance and planning for financial emergencies?
PA Benefits Center
Many community college students are eligible for public benefits that can help pay for food, healthcare, childcare and more. The College has teamed up with national nonprofit, Benefits Data Trust, to support you in applying for public benefits. A Benefits Center specialists can walk you through the screening and application process for up to 14 benefits in one phone call.
Learn more about PA Benefits Center.
Financial Coaching with Financial Avenue
To help with personal finances, Montco is committed to providing our students with the opportunity for free financial coaching. Our partnership with Inceptia gives you access to Financial Avenue, a free online financial education program with topics ranging from budgeting and saving to student loan repayment to planning for life events such as buying a home.
- Visit the Financial Avenue website
- Enter your Montco email address
- Select if you are a "new user" or you "already have an Inceptia log-in" and enter the required information based on your selection
- Click "Enroll in Course"
- Click "Go to the Course" to view and complete the avaiable financial educaiton modules
Please visit https://www.mc3.edu/paying-for-college/financial-empowerment for more information.