Are you looking for a career where you can help others feel better by relieving their pain and stress? If so, Montco’s Massage Therapy program is for you. This comprehensive program will provide you with the education, skills and practical experience you need to pursue a rewarding career.
Designed to help you successfully pass the State Board of Massage Therapy’s approved licensure examination, the program is available in a full- or part-time format.
In addition to practicing the proper massage protocols, you'll learn business fundamentals, anatomy and physiology, kinesiology, history of massage, body mechanics, massage techniques and rehabilitative aspects of massage.
- Starts: September 18, 2018
- Ends: March 8, 2019
- Schedule: Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Starts: January 14, 2019
- Ends: December 20, 2019
- Schedule: The part-time program will be covered in two parts:
- First half: January 14 - June 19, 2019 on Monday and Wednesday from 5 to 10 p.m.
- Second half: June 24 - December 20, 2019 on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5 to 10 p.m.
In addition to the schedule, clinical rotations begin in August and occur outside of scheduled class time.
Cost & Requirements
- Required: 50 hours of practical massage time outside of class
- Cost: $7,950 (includes books & supplies)
- Uniforms are required
- Financial aid available
- Employment is projected to grow 22 percent from 2014 to 2024
- Growth is higher than average for all occupations
- Increase in demand for these services will lead to new openings
- Massage therapists work in array of settings, including spas, franchised clinics, physicians’ offices, hotels and fitness centers.
- Some massage therapists may travel to client’s homes or offices.
For more information and to register, call 215-641-6397 or email email@example.com.