Enter the thriving fields of networking, computer support and data communications with a Computer Networking Certificate from Montco. Our 30-credit program prepares you to pursue a job as an entry-level network engineer, administrator or computer support technician.
- Analyze and solve computer hardware and software problems;
- Apply critical thinking, team building, and problem solving skills to design and implement a local area network configuration;
- Describe OSI layers, their functionality, and maintain a LAN;
- Program and configure Cisco switches;
- Program and configure Cisco routers;
- Design, implement, evaluate and maintain a WAN.
Graduates are prepared to take appropriate certification exams, including:
- Microsoft MTA
- CISCO CCENT
With Montco’s Computer Networking Certificate you are on your way to a career in networking. You can also continue your education and earn an Associate of Applied Science degree in Computer Networking-Network Administration at Montco.
|CIS 113||PC Maintenance and Support||3|
|CIS 141||Introduction to Linux||3|
|CIS 142 or CIS 172B||Linux Administration or Connecting Networks||3|
|CIS 155, CIS 1101 or CIS 111||PC Applications on Networks, Introduction to Problem Solving and Programming or Computer Science I: Programming and Concepts||3|
|CIS 158||Windows Server Administration and Support||3|
|CIS 170||Introduction to Networks||3|
|CIS 171||Routing and Switching Essentials||3|
|CIS 172||Scaling Networks||3|
|CIS 257||Network Planning, Project Management and Implementation||3|
|CIS 258||Advanced Windows Server Administration and Support||3|