Get ready for an out-of-this-world STEAM experience!
Blast off and launch a lifelong love of all things space and science with our in-person Janet's Planet Astronaut Academy, a camp that creates out-of-this-world engagement with Janet and her team of educators and experts. Each day brings a new mission and new expert guests from the scientific community. Astronaut challenges, science experiments, and hands-on experiences will boost student confidence in tier STEAM abilities.
Campers will have the opportunity to participate in collaborative STEAM learning experiences, including astronaut challenges, science experiments, Challenger Learning Center simulations and aviation workshops.
For more information, please contact Anjuli Aker at email@example.com.
Cost*: $300 per child/per week (includes Janet's Planet astronaut pack)
Ages: 8 to 14 (or entering grades 3-8 in the fall)
Time: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
*Registration refunds will not be provided after May 1, 2022.
This camp is subject to the same COVID-19 protocols as the College itself, which closely adheres to county and national guidelines. We anticipate continued social distancing for the 2022 camp, but parents/guardians should check College protocols for the most up to date guidance for campus activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
What will my camper learn from this experience?
Your camper will be exposed to science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics (STEAM) by interacting with scientists working in the field. We focus on problem solving and critical thinking skills through fun hands-on lessons and collaborative environments.
Through imagination and expression, campers will explore the solar system in which we reside and the reaches of outer space. Grounded in the most relevant scientific fact, campers will have a blast while they learn the planets and the stuff in which stars are made. They will keep an astronaut training journal, fly a Challenger Learning Center Lunar Quest simulation, learn about NASA's most recent Artemis mission, create their own mission patches, build their own spacecraft, create a Martian habitat and more.
Will my child be outside during the day?
What should I pack for my child?
- Please pack your camper a lunch and two snacks—a morning snack and an afternoon snack. A refrigerator is not available and we will not have the option to offer purchased lunches.
- Your creativity and sense of adventure!
- Clothing that is comfortable, cool, and can withstand outdoor activities.
- Sneakers or other closed-toed shoes (please no flip flops or sandals).
- Prescribed EpiPens, inhalers, or other medication. Please notify us about this when completing the camp form(s). Campers must be able to self-administer these if needed.
- You are welcome to send bug repellent and sunscreen, but children must be able to self-administer it if needed. We ask that you mark all products with your child's first and last name.
Do I need my ticket?
My camper has an allergy or medical need. Who do I inform?
Please complete the medical form when you register for camp. While we cannot be responsible for administering medications, it is helpful to have this information available.
Will there be any field trips?
Yes, we expect to take at least one field trip during the week. More information will be shared with campers as details are finalized.
Releases/permissions are covered under the signed waiver completed at registration.