The College’s Center for Entrepreneurial Studies is happy to announce the inaugural round of the Montgomery County Entrepreneur of the Year Award. This Award will be given to an entrepreneur that demonstrates impact in the county, exemplifies the spirit of entrepreneurship by setting high standards, and exhibits a desire to succeed by taking risks, overcoming significant obstacles, learning from experience, and demonstrating perseverance. This honor will be bestowed upon an individual who is already recognized by his or her peers as a person of integrity and influence, and who understands that commitment and responsibility aren’t confined to business, but require putting energy and resources to work in giving back to the community. The awardee will have started at least one venture and be currently engaged in a leadership role in a social or business venture with strong entrepreneurial mindset and a talent for innovation.
- Has demonstrated impact in Montgomery County, PA and/or is a Montgomery County Community College alumnus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Setting high standards and demonstrating a desire to succeed, take risks, overcome significant obstacles, learn from experience and demonstrate perseverance.
- Personal integrity and influence: Knows that commitment and responsibility aren’t confined to business, and requires putting energy and resources to work in giving back to the community.
- Has started at least one venture and is currently engaged in a leadership role in a social or business venture.
- Demonstrates strong entrepreneurial mindset: Uses creative approaches, and is willing to take risks, engage others, faces ambiguity with enthusiasm, and leads others to new achievements.
- Demonstrates Innovation: Transforms traditional practices through an innovative product or service creation or a significant improvement to known technologies and ideas.
- The company must employ 100 employees or less and must have been established locally for at least two (2) years.