Committed to serving those who serve
Assisting veterans on campus and in the community
There’s a reason why we've been consecutively designated a “military-friendly school” by G.I. Jobs magazine—we value your military service and are here to support all veteran and service members. We work with the campus and community to provide workshops, presentations and other outreach events. Our services include:
- VA work-study opportunities;
- Veteran Service Team (VST) meetings;
- a veterans' lounge and computer area;
- team and community building events;
- counseling through the VA and Veterans Services Center;
- assistance with VA educational benefits and certifying officials;
- general VA information.
Presently, we support 400 veteran students at Montco. Along with above services, we offer:
- an annual retreat along the Appalachian Trail;
- equine therapy camp;
- campus-based art therapy/arts programs;
- an annual Veterans' Day breakfast at the top of the Fine Arts Center.
Thanks to winning a $6,000 Home Depot grant, the Veterans Resource Center (VRC) will soon have a volunteer-built deck on site. The deck will include a grill and seating area for vets and others to socialize.
The Veterans Resource Center is located on Central Campus in Blue Bell behind Parkhouse Hall and next to/to the left of the Fine Arts Center (FAC). You can see our small, white building from Dekalb Pike and the parking lot across from the FAC.