Enriching the lives of women at Montco
The Women's Giving Circle (WGC) allows women to combine their passion for helping others and their financial resources to effectively and strategically invest in projects that enrich the lives of women at Montco. Women of all ages and professions from our community are encouraged to join.
- Inclusion in networking events
- On-going volunteer opportunities
- Participation in planning events
- Influencer in the Women's Giving Circle fund allocation
Members represent a wide range of backgrounds, ages, and life experiences from professionals, entrepreneurs, students, philanthropists, grantees, non-profit board members, business and industry, stay-at-home mothers to retirees. Applications are accepted year-round and it is never too late to get involved. Make a donation to automatically become a member.
For gifts over $1,000, please contact Kristen Freeman at 215-619-7472 or email@example.com.
Highlights about women and giving
- Women own over 50 percent of the nation's wealth
- Womens’ income has risen more than 60 percent in the last 30 years
- Women represent over 56 percent of all college students nationally
- 70% of giving circles are majority women
- Women donate more of their income to charity compared to men
- Women donate more to women and girls’ causes
- Women are more likely to take risks with their philanthropy, funding experimental initiatives rather than known solutions
- Women are typically interested in developing a relationship with those they invest in, including volunteering and collaborating on overall goals