ACT 101 Scholars Program provides free personalized coaching and mentoring, educational planning, tutoring, career planning and outreach to students facing educational, personal and financial challenges.
You will work closely with a success coach to assess your goals, develop strategies and navigate the college experience.
- Personalized tutoring
- Jump Start to College summer program
- Bridge to Success summer program
- Weekly skill building workshops
- Engagement opportunities
- And more
You may qualify for the ACT 101 Scholars program if you:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Your individual or family income is below a state-mandated level (determined by the FAFSA)
- Are registered for 6 or more credits
- Have an academic need or concern
- Examples include but are not limited to being placed in a developmental-level course, having a low GPA, SAT or ACT score, having earned your GED, if you consider English your second language, or having a gap of 3 or more years in your education. All academic concerns will be reviewed and considered on a case-by-case basis.
Jump Start to College
The Jump Start to College summer program is free and available to new high school graduates planning to attend Montco in the fall. The program runs during summer session II, from July 7 to August 17.
This hybrid program includes:
- FYE 101 – 3 free college credits
- College prep workshops
- On-campus & online learning
ACT 101, also know as the Pennsylvania Higher Education Equal Opportunity Program, is funded by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.