Montgomery County Community College will be hosting an American Red Cross Community Blood Drive on Wednesday, Sept. 11, in the South Hall Community Room, West Campus, 101 College Drive, Pottstown. The event is open to the community.
The American Red Cross is experiencing an emergency blood shortage, and all blood types are currently needed to help patients recover from traumas, cancers and chronic health conditions.
The blood drive will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in MCCC’s South Hall Community Room. Please register in advance and enter the sponsor code “MCCC West.”
MCCC also will be taking donations for its student food pantry, Stock Up for Success. Suggested donations include microwavable lunch meals, pasta/noodle cups, fruit cups, nuts or dried fruit packs, cereal, oatmeal, canned tuna or chicken, chips, crackers, ready-to-eat fruit or veggie packs, personal hygiene items (shampoo, soap, shaving cream, deodorant, etc.) and school supplies (notebooks, pens, pencils, folders, binders, etc.).
In conjunction with the blood drive, MCCC will be hosting several community information tables and activities, including:
- American Red Cross - training services
- American Red Cross - volunteer opportunities
- Creative Health Services – information table
- MCCC Dental Hygiene Program - information table
- Greater Philadelphia YMCA - membership information and Child Watch benefits
- Therapy Dogs visit
- Tower Health - community wellness information
- US Department of Veteran Affairs – telehealth opportunities
- YWCA – information table
- MCCC and the community will also Honor our Heroes as we unite with a special “Thank You to all of our Heroes” poster