Montgomery County Community College has teamed up with TimelyMD, a leading virtual health and well-being solution in higher education, to offer students free and equitable access to medical and mental health support through the TimelyCare platform.
TimelyCare serves as a 24/7 virtual extension of campus wellness center resources, with a goal of improving student well-being, engagement, and retention.
Through TimelyCare on their phone or other device, MCCC students now can select from a wide-ranging menu of virtual care options from licensed physicians and counselors in all 50 states – at no cost and without the hassle of traditional insurance. The options include:
- On-demand medical care
- Appointment-based medical care
- On-demand mental health support (TalkNow)
- Appointment-based mental health counseling
- Psychiatric support
- Health coaching
- Basic Needs assistance
- Digital self-care content
The partnership with TimelyMD allows MCCC to deliver a hybrid model of clinical care that combines the best of in-person and virtual care services. Benefits to students include:
- Convenient 24/7 care – Physical and mental health issues often present themselves outside regular business hours, and TimelyCare makes seeking support or treatment as easy and convenient as making a video or phone call. Nationally, about 40% of mental health care visits through TimelyCare occur after hours.
- Reduced wait times – Typical consultations for on-demand services through TimelyCare begin within 5-10 minutes – less than the amount of time it takes to walk across campus.
- Diverse provider network – In addition to being from diverse backgrounds, TimelyMD providers are trained to be culturally competent. For example, more than 60% of mental health providers are BIPOC, and the platform also offers providers who identify as LGBTQ+, speak multiple languages and/or celebrate various religious traditions. Students can choose to meet with a specific provider or select the first available.
- Peace of mind – TimelyCare is a safe, secure, and HIPAA-compliant platform that follows campus-specific protocols to facilitate care coordination and follow-up to ensure continuity of care. Integrations with leading learning management systems ensure students have even more on-ramps to in-the-moment support whenever they need it.
The need for 24/7 access to high-quality care has never been more important. According to the American Council on Education, student mental health is the top concern of college and university presidents. A recent survey found nine out of 10 students said there is a full-blown campus mental health crisis. Sixty percent of all students who have sought mental health support through TimelyCare said they would have done nothing if the service were not available.
“TimelyCare enhances campus resources by making care more readily available to students when they need it, limiting the spread of illness, reducing the stigma of mental health issues, and granting peace of mind to students and their families,” said Nichole Kang, Director of MCCC’s Wellness Center. “TimelyCare will help to advance our Student Wellness Inclusion Model as part of Montco’s holistic approach to addressing students’ needs.”
As the only company providing virtual health and well-being solutions, including telehealth and teletherapy, exclusively to college and university students prior to the pandemic, TimelyMD is inspiring nearly 200 campuses to embrace healthcare digital transformation for the nearly one million students it serves nationwide.
“Meeting the need for equitable, on-demand access to care is a critical challenge that extends beyond campus boundaries. TimelyCare allows colleges and universities to solve problems rather than just treat symptoms,” said Luke Hejl, TimelyMD CEO and co-founder. “Virtual health and well-being solutions that complement in-person resources are here to stay. Through TimelyCare, we are proud to deliver best-in-class virtual care to help Montgomery County Community College students thrive.”