Report sexual misconduct or discrimination to our Title IX Coordinator.

We take any allegation of sexual misconduct seriously. If you have been the victim of date or domestic violence, stalking, sexual discrimination, harassment, assault or misconduct, let us know. Please contact the Title IX Coordinator at 215-619-7383, or anyone on campus whom you trust. The College's stand against sexual misconduct also includes any sexual misconduct you may have experienced as a result of your sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.

The laws governing campus sexual misconduct or discrimination based on sex are Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, the Reauthorized Violence Against Women Act and the Campus SAVE (Sexual Assault Violence Elimination) Act.

The Title IX Coordinator:

  • Organizes all responses to sexual misconduct and discrimination complaints
  • Identifies and addresses any patterns of sexual misconduct
  • Assesses effects of sexual misconduct on campus climate and provides remedies
  • Monitors outcomes and prevents recurrence
  • Ensures that Montco complies with all aspects of Title IX

Our Title IX Coordinator, Rose Makofske, is located in College Hall, room 141 at Blue Bell Campus. Rose can be reached at 215-619-7383 or

In an emergency or off-hours situation, always call 911 or Public Safety 215-641-6666 (Blue Bell) or 610-718-1913 (Pottstown).


Please join Victim Services Center of Montgomery County as they present “Own Your Impact” – a new, two-part webinar series. These webinars will focus on the facts about sexual assault and consent, the unique risk factors among college students, and the tools needed to become a better bystander. Hosted by the Student Support and Referral Team.

Own Your Impact: Sexual Assault Awareness and Consent Education
Watch Recording

Own your Impact: Bystander Intervention, Tools and Resources
Watch Recording

Frequently asked questions

+ /

What do I do if I have been sexually assaulted?

If you have been sexually assaulted:

  1. Get to a safe place, talk to someone you trust, and get medical attention.
  2. Ask for help from Public Safety (215-641-6666) or the Title IX Coordinator (215-619-7383).
    Either Public Safety or the Title IX Coordinator will help you understand your options for reporting the assault to the College, the Police, or both; for counseling; and medical attention.
  3. Don't blame yourself, be kind to yourself, and take advantage of counseling resources, both on and off-campus.

I need help, but want my situation to remain confidential.

  1. The College will assist you in finding medical providers, and licensed professional counselors, or you can call Victim Services directly at 1-888-521-0983.
  2. While the College is limited in assisting you without full and accurate information about the assault, the College will still assist you with all the necessary protections, including escorts and schedule adjustments, with which to keep you safe.
  3. The College has a continuing obligation to your safety, and an obligation to protect the rest of the campus community from similar incidents of assault. This means that at all times, the College has to carefully weigh your request for confidentiality against your safety, and the community's interest in its safety.
  4. Because of this ongoing duty to you and others on campus, the College is also sometimes obligated to issue a timely warning to the campus community, while doing everything possible to protect your identity and your privacy.

I want to file a report

  1. Contact the Title IX Coordinator, or the Director of Public Safety, who will guide you in the process of filing a formal complaint with either, or both.
  2. When a complaint is lodged with the College, the College will conduct a fair and impartial investigation into the incident with trained investigators.
  3. If the investigation leads to a hearing, you will be advised of your rights before, during and after the hearing, and will be informed about its outcome. The College is obligated, and committed, to conducting the investigation into your complaint and to resolving the complaint promptly (within 60 days) and equitably (with due process rights for both yourself, and for the person who stands accused of hurting you).
  4. Whether or not you file a criminal complaint with the police, the College will still handle your complaint on its own and using its own process. It will investigate the complaint, review the evidence of your complaint and provide you with all the support you may need during, and after this process is completed.

How can I help a friend who has experienced sexual misconduct?

If you know someone who is currently experiencing or has recently experienced any type of sexual misconduct, there is also a lot you can do.

  1. Counsel your friend if you see that an awkward situation is developing—encourage them to seek professional help.
  2. Distract potential misconduct that you are witnessing by distracting the would-be assaulter.
  3. Look out for your friends at a party and help them home if they have had too much to drink.
  4. Give friends you know who are experiencing dating or domestic violence your attention, and important community phone numbers.
  5. Talk to the College's Title IX Coordinator if you or a friend is experiencing sexual misconduct, including dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking.