The 186-hour Medical Billing Specialist hybrid program provides a foundation in medical billing, coding and medical administrative support functions. Learn the customer service skills as well as the support functions needed by medical front offices. It is worth noting that the College works closely with Montgomery County employers to recruit directly from the program. Review the Occupational Outlook Handbook for more information on careers in Medical Billing. You will leave the class with an industry-ready resume to use as you seek employment in the field, and be connected to hiring employer partners.
Training in basic claims processes for medical insurance and third party reimbursements is provided. Our program includes an introduction to medical terminology, CPT4 and ICD10 coding and the standard techniques for Electronic Health Records (EHR) is taught. You will receive a refresher on Microsoft Word and Excel functions.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Compare and contrast the billing methodology for the following: insurance, fee for service, and other types of health plans.
- Assign ICD10 CM and CPT codes and procedure modifiers. Utilize the concepts of customer service including effective telephone usage in a medical setting.
- Describe the process of utilizing electronic health records in a medical setting.
The program cost is $3,500, including books and materials.
Consideration for Industry Certification
At the programs conclusion, you will qualify to take the national certification exam for Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS) thru the National Healthcareer Association (NHA). Costs for exam preparation and tests are covered.
You must meet the following requirements:
- Sit for an online WorkKeys test. A score of satisfactory much be achieved prior to admission.
- Have a personal interview with the program manager.
- Have access to a computer with a webcam.
Recognition of Completion
A certificate of program completion will be awarded by the College.
For more information about the program, contact Bernadette DeBias at email@example.com or 610-718-1967.