A Culinary Arts Certificate from Montco prepares you for entry- to mid-level careers in the foodservice industry. Career pathways include restaurants, hotels, resorts, country clubs, healthcare facilities, and catering operations.
The foundational courses in the Culinary Arts Certificate Program are stackable into an associate's degree. You can complete the program as a full-time day student or part-time evening student.
- Demonstrate proficient use of culinary terminology and classical cooking methods using a wide array of ingredients to design, produce, plate, and critically analyze a variety of classic, contemporary, regional and international dishes;
- Demonstrate all food and beverage costing techniques related to profitable food service business operations;
- Reflectively practice proper ethical purchasing and procurement processes as it relates to the proper flow of goods for a successful food service operation;
- Personally demonstrate appropriate safety and sanitation practices, including safe food service equipment operation, as it relates to the hospitality industry;
- Demonstrate appropriate employability skills necessary for an entry level position in the industry.
Students Occupationally and Academically Ready (SOAR)
If you have attended a career or technical program during high school, you may be eligible to earn college credits towards the culinary arts certificate. Find out how through the Students Occupationally and Academically Ready (SOAR) program.