A Culinary Arts Certificate from Montco prepares students for entry- to mid-level careers in the food service industry. All of your culinary skills will come together in our student-operated restaurant, Bistro 1400. You will also acquire management techniques for the food service industry.
The foundational courses in the Culinary Arts Certificate Program are stackable into an associate's degree.
- Demonstrate proficient use of culinary terminology and classical cooking methods using a wide array of ingredients to design, produce, plate, and critically analyze a variety of classic, contemporary, regional and international dishes;
- Demonstrate all food and beverage costing techniques related to profitable food service business operations;
- Reflectively practice proper ethical purchasing and procurement processes as it relates to the proper flow of goods for a successful food service operation;
- Personally demonstrate appropriate safety and sanitation practices, including safe food service equipment operation, as it relates to the hospitality industry;
- Demonstrate appropriate employability skills necessary for an entry level position in the industry.