Get a taste of a career in the culinary arts with a Culinary Arts Certificate from Montco.
- Demonstrate proficient use of culinary terminology and classical cooking methods using a wide array of ingredients to design, produce, plate, and critically analyze a variety of classic, contemporary, regional and international dishes;
- Demonstrate all food and beverage costing techniques related to profitable food service business operations;
- Reflectively practice proper ethical purchasing and procurement processes as it relates to the proper flow of goods for a successful food service operation;
- Personally demonstrate appropriate safety and sanitation practices, including safe food service equipment operation, as it relates to the hospitality industry;
- Demonstrate appropriate employability skills necessary for an entry level position in the industry.
You will also acquire management techniques for the food service industry. All of your culinary skills will come together in our student-operated restaurant, Bistro 1400. Come to Montco for a great taste of the culinary arts!
|BPA 120||Introduction to Baking and Pastry||3|
|CUL 101||Culinary Foundations||3|
|CUL 102||Hospitality Fundamentals||3|
|CUL 114||Food and Beverage Operations||3|
|CUL 120||Introduction to Culinary Techniques||3|
|CUL 125||American Regional Cuisine||3|
|CUL 151||Purchasing and Cost Control||3|
|CUL 170||Management and Supervision||3|
|CUL 221||Garde Manger||3|
|CUL 250||European Cuisines||3|
|CUL 282||Restaurant Operations||4|
|ESW 206||Basic Nutrition||3|