If you have questions about financial aid or need help completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), make a virtual appointment.
A member of our Financial Aid team will be available to help answer your questions and guide you through the process. Students and applicants (those with an MCCC student ID) can connect with your financial assistance coach in a variety of ways, including voice, video, text chat and screen share from your computer or smartphone. Upon scheduling your appointment, you will be sent a unique hyperlink to get started.
If you do not yet have an MCCC student ID, but need FAFSA assistance, we encourage you to apply to Montgomery County Community College. You can also call us to schedule an appointment on your behalf.
What you'll need for a FAFSA-focused appointment
- FSA ID and Password – You must have a FSA ID prior to joining the appointment. Visit the FSA ID website to create or retrieve your FSA ID. For assistance, contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center by email, live web chat or phone at 1-800-433-3243 (TTY calls: 1-800-730-8913).
- Financial documents
- The FAFSA for the 2020-21 academic year (fall 2020, spring 2021 or summer 2021) requires 2018 financial documents: federal income tax return(s) and/or W-2(s) and/or any other records of money earned (such as foreign income).
- Current savings statement, investments, and business or farm assets.
- Social Security Number and/or Alien Registration number, if you have one
- Driver's license number, if you have one
- If you are a dependent, bring a parent with you, if possible. Not sure if you are a dependent student? Find out now.
- Parents will also need the items noted above and are required to e-sign the FAFSA using their FSA ID and password, so ensure this is created/retrieved prior to your appointment. If your parent does not have a social security number they will not be able to obtain a FSA ID, and instead will sign a signature page and submit it by mail.
Assistance is also available from the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243 (TTY calls: 1-800-730-8913) or contact the Office of Financial Aid for help.
Learn more about Navigating the FAFSA.