For-credit, academic prep ESL program
For students whose first language isn't English and/or F-1 students, we provide a credit, academic preparatory ESL (English as a Second Language) program to help you succeed at Montco and beyond. Among other services, you'll receive an interview, tutoring, academic and cultural advising.
Our coursework includes:
- Three semi-intensive classes that introduce basic English vocabulary and pronunciation and practice in speaking, listening and writing;
- ESL Basic Writing I and II to prepare you for English Composition I;
- Vocabulary Development I and II;
- Oral/Aural Skills to help develop your listening and conversation skills.
Whether you plan to enroll as a part- or full-time student, you should:
- Submit an application to Montco;
- Interview with an advisor.
- Talk with an advisor to choose your courses and transition successfully to college.
Perfect for non-native speakers who want to improve their English language skills but aren't pursuing a college degree or credits ...
Here, you’ll receive an outstanding education while participating in a vibrant campus community that celebrates diversity every day!