Learn the recipe for success as a professional baker with a Baking and Pastry Arts Certificate from Montco.
Our certificate program prepares you for entry-level positions in the baking and pastry industry. Through hands-on instruction and working in our student-operated bakery in Lansdale, you'll gain the fundamental food industry and management skills needed to thrive in this field.
- Distinguish between, and successfully utilize a wide array of ingredients and baking methods to produce and/or plate, and critically analyze a variety of fundamental and contemporary baked goods, products and desserts;
- Demonstrate all food and beverage costing techniques related to profitable food service business operations;
- Reflectively practice proper ethical purchasing and procurement processes as it relates to the proper flow of goods for a successful food service operation;
- Demonstrate appropriate safety and sanitation practices, including safe food service equipment operation, as it relates to the hospitality industry;
- Demonstrate appropriate employability skills necessary for an entry level position in the industry.
|CUL 105||Safety and Sanitation||2|
|CUL 101||Culinary Foundations||3|
|CUL 120||Culinary Techniques||3|
|BPA 120||Introduction to Baking & Pastry||3|
|CUL / BPA 198||Culinary and Baking and Pastry Practicum I||1|
|BPA 124||Introduction to Cakes||3|
|BPA 131||Bread & Rolls||3|
|BPA 220||Advanced Baking & Pastry||3|
|CUL / BPA 298A||Culinary and Baking and Pastry Practicum II||3|
|BPA 233||Chocolates & Confections||3|
|BPA 254||Tiered Cakes & Sugar Artistry||3|
|CUL / BPA 298B||Culinary and Baking and Pastry Practicum III||3|