Our Baking & Pastry Arts certificate program prepares you for an entry- to mid-level position in the baking and pastry industry, ranging from independent shops to large resorts. Through hands-on instruction, students will gain the fundamental knowledge needed to thrive in the baking and pastry industry.
The foundational courses in the Baking & Pastry Arts certificate program are stackable into an associate’s degree. You can complete the program as a full-time day student or part-time evening student.
- Distinguish between, and successfully utilize a wide array of ingredients and baking methods to produce and/or plate, and critically analyze a variety of fundamental and contemporary baked goods, products and desserts;
- Demonstrate all food and beverage costing techniques related to profitable food service business operations;
- Reflectively practice proper ethical purchasing and procurement processes as it relates to the proper flow of goods for a successful food service operation;
- Demonstrate appropriate safety and sanitation practices, including safe food service equipment operation, as it relates to the hospitality industry;
- Demonstrate appropriate employability skills necessary for an entry-level position in the industry.
Students Occupationally and Academically Ready (SOAR)
If you have attended a career or technical program during high school, you may be eligible to earn college credits towards the baking & pastry certificate. Find out how through the Students Occupationally and Academically Ready (SOAR) program.