Learn the recipe for success as a professional baker with a Baking and Pastry Arts Certificate from Montco.
- Distinguish between, and successfully utilize a wide array of ingredients and baking methods to produce and/or plate, and critically analyze a variety of fundamental and contemporary baked goods, products and desserts;
- Demonstrate all food and beverage costing techniques related to profitable food service business operations;
- Reflectively practice proper ethical purchasing and procurement processes as it relates to the proper flow of goods for a successful food service operation;
- Demonstrate appropriate safety and sanitation practices, including safe food service equipment operation, as it relates to the hospitality industry;
- Demonstrate appropriate employability skills necessary for an entry level position in the industry.
Our program prepares you for entry-level positions in the baking and pastry industry. Through hands-on instruction and working in our student-operated bakery, you'll gain the fundamental food industry and management skills needed to thrive in this field.
|BPA 120||Introduction to Baking and Pastry||3|
|BPA 131||Bread and Rolls||3|
|BPA 220||Advanced Baking and Pastry||3|
|BPA 233||Chocolates and Confections||3|
|BPA 240||Retail Bakery Operations||4|
|CUL 101||Culinary Foundations||3|
|CUL 102||Hospitality Fundamentals||3|
|CUL 114||Food and Beverage Operations||3|
|CUL 120||Introduction to Culinary Techniques||3|
|CUL 151||Purchasing and Cost Control||3|
|CUL 170||Management and Supervision||3|
|ESW 206||Basic Nutrition||3|