Hone your information technology skills and set yourself up for success in our Information Technology associate degree program.
- Design solutions to quantitative problems by applying algorithm design using programming support tools;
- Exhibit an ability to communicate effectively in a professional technical environment;
- Examine professional, ethical, legal, and security issues for programming professionals;
- Create Web sites that incorporate the fundamental principles of visual design;
- Describe the Open Systems Interconnection Reference Model (OSI) layers and their functionality;
- Design and utilize databases.
After earning their associate degree, our students usually transfer to four-year colleges or universities to continue their studies in information technology.
General Education Requirements
|ENG 101||English Composition I||3|
|Elective||Cultural Awareness and Diversity Elective||3|
|Elective||Quantitative Reasoning Elective||3 - 4|
|Elective||Oral Communication Elective (CMS 110, CMS 120, or CMS 235)||3|
|Elective||Aesthetic Sensibility Elective||3|
|Elective||BIO 121, CHE 121 or PHY 121||4|
|MGT 111||Principles of Management||3|
|Elective||ACC, ECO, MGT, or MKT||3|
|CIS 110 or CIS 155||Computer Information Systems for Management or PC Applications on Networks||3|
|CIS 111||Computer Science I: Programming and Concepts||3|
|CIS 111B||Computer Science II: Object Oriented Programming||3|
|CIS 114||Web Design and Development||3|
|CIS 151||Systems Analysis and Design||3|
|CIS 170||Introduction to Networks||3|
|CIS 215||Decision Making Using Spreadsheets||3|
|CIS 244 or CIS 245||PC Database Management Systems or Database Management Systems/SQL||3|
|CIS Elective||CIS Elective***||3|
|CIS Elective||CIS Elective****||3|
Total Program Credits: 61-62
*See advisor for specific course information/recommendations.
**MAT-130 Probability and Statistics recommended.
***CIS-231 Project Management recommended.
****Recommended CIS Electives include CIS-112, CIS-166, CIS-241, or CIS-212.