If you need help completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), attend an upcoming FAFSA workshop. Held weekly at Central and West Campuses, our Financial Aid team will be available to help answer questions and guide you through the process.
Upcoming FAFSA workshops
FAFSA Workshops are usually held weekly at both Central and West campuses. Search “FAFSA Workshop” in the Events Calendar to find details about upcoming workshops.
What you must bring
Pre-registration is not required, but please arrive on time with your documentation:
- FSA ID and Password – You must have a FSA ID prior to attending a workshop. Visit the FSA ID website to create or retrieve your FSA ID. For assistance, contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center by email, live web chat, or phone at 1-800-433-3243 (TTY calls: 1-800-730-8913).
- Driver's license number, if you have one
- Financial documents
- Federal income tax return(s), W-2(s) and any other records of money earned (such as foreign income).
- Savings statement, investments, and business or farm assets.
- Please note, for the 2018-19 academic year (fall 2018, spring 2019, or summer 2019), you will need your 2016 financial documents. If you’re completing the FAFSA for the 2019-20 academic year (fall 2019, spring 2020, or summer 2020) you will need your 2017 financial documents.
- Social Security Number and/or Alien Registration number, if you have one
- If you are a dependent, bring a parent with you, if possible. Not sure if you are a dependent student? Find out now.
- Parents will also need the items noted above and are required to e-sign the FAFSA using their FSA ID and password. If you do not have a social security number, you will instead sign a signature page and submit it by mail.
If you cannot attend a FAFSA workshop and need assistance, contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243 (TTY calls: 1-800-730-8913) or contact the Office of Financial Aid for help.
Learn more about Navigating the FAFSA.