If you need help completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), attend an upcoming FAFSA workshop. Held weekly at Central and West Campuses, our Financial Aid team will be available to help answer questions and guide you through the process.
Upcoming FAFSA workshops
FAFSA Workshops are usually held weekly at both Central and West campuses. Search “FAFSA Workshop” in the Events Calendar to find details about upcoming workshops.
What the student must bring
Pre-registration is not required, but please arrive on time with your documentation:
- FSA ID and Password – You must have a FSA ID prior to attending a workshop. Visit the FSA ID website to create or retrieve your FSA ID. For assistance, contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center by email, live web chat, or phone at 1-800-433-3243 (TTY calls: 1-800-730-8913).
- Financial documents
- The FAFSA for the 2019-20 academic year (fall 2019, spring 2020, or summer 2020) requires 2017 financial documents: federal income tax return(s) and/or W-2(s) and/or any other records of money earned (such as foreign income).
- Current savings statement, investments, and business or farm assets.
- Social Security Number and/or Alien Registration number, if you have one
- Driver's license number, if you have one
- If you are a dependent, bring a parent with you, if possible. Not sure if you are a dependent student? Find out now.
- Parents will also need the items noted above and are required to e-sign the FAFSA using their FSA ID and password, so ensure this is created/retrieved prior to attending the workshop. If your parent does not have a social security number they will not be able to obtain a FSA ID, and instead will sign a signature page and submit it by mail.
If you cannot attend a FAFSA workshop and need assistance, contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-433-3243 (TTY calls: 1-800-730-8913) or contact the Office of Financial Aid for help.
Learn more about Navigating the FAFSA.