Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Residency
To establish Commonwealth residency, you must demonstrate continuous residence in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (PA) for a period of twelve (12) months prior to registration as a student.
Montgomery County Residency
To be considered a resident of Montgomery County and receive in-county tuition, you must demonstrate one (1) of the following to be charged the local sponsor rate:
- Continuous residence in Montgomery County for a period of six (6) months prior to registration as a student, or;
- Have taken positive action to establish residency within the County, or;
- Be eligible under House Bill 131, which allows "veterans, their spouses and dependent children; military personnel, their spouses and dependent children; and civilian personnel working on a military base, their spouses and dependent children, who are admitted to a community college, (to) be charged the local sponsor rate, provided that the student is a resident of the state on the first day of the semester."
Proof of residency is required. Documents that can be used to prove residency include:
- Pennsylvania driver’s license showing current address or the address update card of the address change with the issue date.
- Pennsylvania state identification card showing current address with the issue date.
- Voter registration or vehicle registration card with issue date.
Ownership of property or a business in the County does not qualify a person to attend the College as a resident.
Change of address or name
For current or former students, updates to your address can be made in your student account. Log in to Self-Service, navigate to "User Options" and select "User Profile".
If you are planning on moving outside Pennsylvania and completing your program of study online, please check our out-of-state enrollment information for possible enrollment restrictions.
In order for your address to be updated, you must provide proof of residency. If your address change is from an out-of-county or an out-of-state address to an in-county address you will be asked to provide proof of current residency. An email will be sent to you that requests documentation to provide proof of residency as well as the proof of the date of residency.