Your steps to success
Congratulations on your acceptance to Montgomery County Community College! Now that you've applied to Montco, you're one step closer to reaching your degree. Below are steps to help you navigate your journey from admitted student to the first day of class.
Activate Montco Connect & Student Email
Check the email account that you used to apply to the College—there, you will find your student ID number and instructions on how to activate your Montco Connect account. Log in to Montco Connect to access Tasks, Self-Service, Blackboard, your student email and much more. Take a minute now to activate and explore your new student account!
View your student email every day for important information. All Montco related items are sent to your Montco email address, not your personal email account. Here are instructions on how to forward your email to your personal email.
Submit your official high school (or GED) transcript.*
To ensure that you’re only taking classes you need, we encourage you to submit your official academic transcripts as soon as possible from high school and/or college (if applicable) to Enrollment Services. We will carefully evaluate your transcripts, and if applicable, standardized test scores, to see if you are exempt from taking all or some of our placement tests in reading, writing, and math.
You can submit your transcripts in one of four ways:
- Email: Send your transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Digital upload: Securely share your files
- Mail: Send documents to Enrollment Services, Montgomery County Community College, 340 DeKalb Pike, Blue Bell, PA 19422
- Hand delieverd: Drop-off a signed, sealed envelope to Enrollment Services
Some programs of study require higher-levels of math and you may be encouraged to take the math placement assessment to place into a higher level math course (such as Precalculus, Statistics, or Calculus).
* Official college/university transcripts are required if transfer credit or prerequisite verification is sought. However, if you are unable to obtain a copy of your school transcripts or official documents, please move forward with the registration process.
Complete the Student Intake Form
Please complete the student intake form as it will assist your Academic Advisor when meeting to plan your schedule. Please wait 24 to 48 hours after applying to the College before completing these steps.
Log in to Montco Connect and access MyCareerPlan. MyCareerPlan is a total of four assessments that test your interests, values, personality and workplace preferences to help you determine what career paths may be best for you.
All first semester students are required to complete MyCareerPlan. Please complete this assessment before your advising appointment. This will take roughly 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Sign the Student Financial Responsibility Agreement
The Student Financial Responsibility Agreement (SFRA) is a mandatory agreement that outlines financial obligations and responsibilities for attending Montco. You must sign the SFRA in Self-Service prior to registering for class each semester they enroll at the College.
File Your FAFSA
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is an application for financial assistance you should complete every year. Not completing the application could cost you the opportunity to receive grants and scholarships (free money!) to which you’re entitled, as well as the opportunity to borrow student loans, if needed.
Need help completing the FAFSA? Schedule a financial aid appointment to receive one-on-one assistance.
Meet with an Advisor
Meeting with your academic advisor is mandatory if you are a new degree-seeking student who does not have an associate’s degree or higher. At the conclusion of your planning discussion, your advisor may be able to assist with class registration.
Schedule your appointment online or call 215-641-6577 and press Option 2.
Please wait 24 to 48 hours after applying to the College before completing these steps.
Register for Classes
If you have not already registered with your advisor, register online via Montco Connect >> Self-Service >> Student Planning.
Pay Your Tuition
To sign up for a payment plan and/or make a payment online, log in to Montco Connect and select Payment Center.
- Set up a payment plan
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Apply for scholarships
Get Ready For Class
- Download the Montco Connect app in the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Montco is a BYOD (Bring your own device) institution. You will need to bring your own personal laptop to successfully complete your coursework on- and off-campus.
- Review your class schedule and classroom locations in Blackboard.
- Apply for a parking pass.
- Purchase your books at the virtual bookstore.
- Your Student ID Card is now digital and available online.
- Register for New Student Kickoff.
Visit our top tips for students for more helpful information.