If you’re interested in completing the Honors Program, taking an individual Honors course, or Honors scholarship opportunities, you must complete this single application as early as possible. If you wish to be considered for admission to the Honors Program, you must present credentials in accordance with the following requirements:
- Submit a completed Montco application.
- Submit high school transcript or GED score.
- Submit a completed Honors Program application.
- If transferring any courses from another college or AP exam scores from the Educational Testing Service, you must submit your official college transcripts for credit evaluation before your application can be fully evaluated.
- Meet with the Honors Coordinator to discuss benefits from and to the Honors Program, to ensure sufficient admission requirements are met, and to identify Honors opportunities.
Admission to the program is selective and based on a variety of criteria. You do not need to meet all the criteria, but you do need to meet at least two of them:
- Achieve an unweighted high school GPA of 3.5 or better;
- Be ranked in the top 20 percent of your high school graduating class;
- An SAT or other standardized college readiness test score in the top 25 percent;
- A PSSA exam score of “advanced proficiency”;
- An individualized educational plan as “gifted” (e.g. did your high school include you in a Gifted, Talented, Creative, or Honors Program?);
- A college GPA of 3.2 or higher after 12 credit hours;
- Two letters of recommendation from high school education professionals or one College instructor; or
- Membership in Phi Theta Kappa.