Committed to serving those who serve
Offering workshops, presentations, outreach and help when you need it
There’s a reason why we've been consecutively designated a “military-friendly school” by G.I. Jobs magazine—we value your military service and are here to support all veteran, service member, and dependent/spouse students. We work with the campus and community to provide workshops, presentations and other outreach events to help you transition to college life. Our services include:
- VA work-study opportunities;
- Student Veteran Organization meeting headquarters;
- Veteran Service Team (VST) meetings;
- a veterans' lounge and computer area;
- free, on-site tutoring on Wednesdays;
- team and community building events;
- counseling through the VA and Veterans Services Center;
- assistance with VA educational benefits and certifying officials;
- general VA information.
Presently, we support 400 veteran students at Montco. Along with above services, we offer:
- an annual, free retreat along the Appalachian Trail;
- an annual Veterans' Day breakfast at the top of the Fine Arts Center.
Thanks to winning a $6,000 Home Depot grant, the Veterans Resource Center (VRC) now has a volunteer-built deck on site. The deck will include a grill and seating area for vets and others to socialize.
The Veterans Resource Center is located on Central Campus in Blue Bell behind Parkhouse Hall and next to/to the left of the Fine Arts Center (FAC). You can see our small, white building from Dekalb Pike and the parking lot across from the FAC.