At Montco, we want to make sure you are prepared for success from the first day of class to the day you graduate.

Find resources, videos and insights on topics spanning from how to navigate Canvas, find your classes, purchase your textbooks, get technology assistance, log in to Montco Connect and beyond.

If a question is unanswered in the list below, connect with the Student Services Resource Center (SSRC) team who can assist you via online chat or email at

Montco Connect – Access to Everything you Need!

+ /

What is Montco Connect and where do I find it?

Montco Connect is a communications platform that includes a companion mobile app. In addition to providing links to systems important to students, faculty, and staff (e.g., Canvas, payment center, tutoring, or email), Montco Connect provides access to online group engagement, personalized tasks and messaging, a calendar, an academic profile, and more.

You can log in to Montco Connect by going to and clicking Log In located in the top right-hand corner. Or feel free to bookmark for easy access or download the Montco Connect mobile app in the Apple or Android store.

Learn more about Montco Connect

Registering & Paying For Classes

+ /

What is the first step in registering for classes?

To become a Montco student, you first need to submit an application to the College. Once you've applied, you will need to follow the steps on our New Student Checklist before meeting with your advisor who will get you registered for your first semseter at Montco.

How do I connect with an advisor?

Meeting with your academic advisor is mandatory if you are a new degree-seeking student who does not have an associate’s degree or higher. At the conclusion of your planning discussion, your advisor may be able to assist with class registration.

Please complete the Student Financial Responsibility Agreement before your meeting.

Schedule an advising appointment or call 215-641-6577 (press #2).

Who is my academic advisor?

Your academic advisor is determined by your program of study. If you are a currently registered student, you can find your advisor by logging onto MySuccessNetwork via Montco Connect. MySuccessNetwork also allows you to schedule advising appointments online.

Questions? Contact the Student Success Center at 215-641-6577 or email

Where can I find available courses at the College?

You can view all available Montco courses in the Course Catalog.

How can I plan out my class schedule?

Your student educational planner will be your guide to success at Montco. Working with your advisor, you will plan, select and take courses that help you successfully complete your degree. Follow these steps and you'll be on your way to graduation.

I'm looking for extra assistance to help me register and feel prepared. Who can I contact?

The Student Services Resource Center (SSRC) team is available to assist you via online chat or email at

The team is available during these hours:

Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: closed
Sunday: closed
Services are closed on the following days:
  • Thursday, June 6, 2024 (Advisor Professional Development)
  • Wednesday, June 19, 2024 (Juneteenth)
  • Thursday, July 4, 2024, through Sunday July 8, 2024 (Independence Day)

What are my payment plan options?

Montco offers students an opportunity to spread-out tuition payments through our payment plan option.
Learn more about these options.

Does Montco provide Financial Aid?

Financial aid at Montco is an excellent resource to help you pay for college. Filling out the FAFSA lets you know if you’re eligible for aid. Available financial aid includes federal grants, a PA State Grant, scholarships and awards, federal work study, loans, and tax credits!

Review your financial aid options today.

Financial aid refunds

Your financial aid refund will be disbursed to you using one of three methods.

  1. Directly deposited to a personal bank account (Montco's preferred method of reimbursement)
  2. Receive a check by mail

You can make your selection online in Montco Connect by going to Tools >> Finances >> My Payment Center.

It is important to note that financial aid may be affected by changes to your course schedule. If you add, drop or withdraw from a class it may impact your financial aid.

Is there a certain deadline in which I need to pay, register, or drop my class?

Montco's dates and deadlines webpage provides an outlook on when you need to pay for classes, when you can drop a class without penalty, last day for a complete refund and more.

I need to add/drop/withdraw from my course.

Watch this video to learn how to add/drop/withdraw from your course. Be sure to follow dates and deadlines to change without penalty.

Best Practices for Online Students

+ /

Resources for students

There are resources available to students to aid in setting up for a semester with online courses. Listed below are links to pages to help students with online learning, utilizing the Canvas app, and technology help via Montco's IT Support Services:

LinkedIn Learning series for enrolled students

The LinkedIn Learning is an on-demand library of instructional videos covering the latest business, technology, and creative skills. Itcan provide personalized course recommendations designed to help you achieve your full potential.

The following resources are available to students after they enroll:

Getting Ready for Class - Course & Campus

+ /

Where can I find my class schedule?

To access your courses, go to Montco Connect > Self-Service > Student Planning. You will then see an option to click on Plan & Schedule. This will list all of your currently enrolled courses.

Your classes will also be listed in Canvas, or you can reference the 'Canvas Courses' widget in Montco Connect. You should also check your Montco email for any information from your instructor. Don’t see your class in Canvas? Don’t stress! Courses may not be available until the first day of class. Please be aware if a faculty member makes their course available early, it will be in preview mode until the first day of classes. During this time, you can work on your coursework but won't be able to submit any assignments.

If you don't see the course listed, verify you are currently enrolled. If you are currently enrolled and do not see your course after the first day, please contact your instructor.

How can I access my course schedule and information?
To access your course schedule and information, log into Montco Connect > Tools > Self Service.

How do I know if my class is in-person or virtual?
On your schedule, both the on-campus and online start is listed within the location/room assignment. In this example, the first on-campus day is Monday, September 13 in Parkhouse Hall, room 336. The online class begins September 1.

Sample schedule highlighting on-campus dates

What is Canvas?

Refer to Canvas Resources for Students to learn more.

Where do I buy books?

You can purchase or rent textbooks online from the Online Bookstore powered by eCampus.

Can I use financial aid to buy books?

Yes, you can use your financial aid to purchase textbooks! Books must be purchased from the Online Bookstore using a book advance. An email notification, with instructions, will be sent to eligible students when your book advance is available.

How can I login to my Montco email account?

Access your Montco (student) email through Montco Connect. Once you've found the log in, bookmark the page. You can also download the Outlook app to your mobile phone.

Do I need to use my Montco email address?

Yes! The College sends you important emails via this email address, and it is in your best interest to check your inbox daily. Whether it's a notice about financial aid, payments, a reminder to register or a snapshot of events on campus, you'll want to tune in. Sign in to Outlook.

Is your personal information up-to-date?

We ask all students to confirm your personal information including address, email and phone number. It’s important to have updated information to ensure we can get in contact with you if necessary. To view your profile data, simply go to your user profile, review your information and if correct, select confirm for each area. Click on the pencil icon to edit information or click the “X” icon to remove out-of-date information.

Is Self-Service where I can add/drop courses?

Yes! In addition to finding your course schedule on Self-Service, you can add/drop courses from here too.

It is important to note that financial aid may be affected by changes to your course schedule. Adding, droping, or withdrawing from a class could impact your financial aid.

When is the add/drop period?
The timeframe for add/drop can depend on your semester and session. Please refer to the registration calendar or contact your advisor.

When can I change my major? Is there a deadline?

For a change of major to be effective during the current semester, you must submit the request before the semester's deadline date. Change of Major dates for each semester can be found on the Dates & Deadlines webpage. Any change received after the deadline date will be effective the following semester.

Change your major.

Where are Montco locations and what are Campus Building Codes?

Below are campus building codes and locations for reference.
Blue Bell Campus

Map & directions

Code Building Name
ATC Advanced Technology Center
COLL College Hall
EH East House
FAC Fine Arts Center
HSC Health Sciences Center
PARK Parkhouse Hall
QUAD Quadrangle (courtyard)
SCIC Science Center
WH West House
Pottstown Campus

Map & directions

Code Building Name
NH North Hall
SH South Hal
SRHC Schuylkill River Heritage Center
UC University Center

What support services are offered to students?

At Montco we believe that everyone should have access to affordable, quality education. This is why we developed our Student Success Center, so that students would have a wide range of support services, all in one place. Whether you need housing, childcare, meals, mentoring, tutoring, career guidance or counseling, veteran or disability services, mental health and wellness support, our Student Success Center can assist you. View your student resources.

Do I need a parking sticker to park on campus?

Yes, parking tags are required for students to park on campus. Submit the online parking pass application in Montco Connect under Resources > Parking Pass Application. We will mail your parking pass to the address on file.

How do I get my student ID card?

Your Student ID Card is now digital and available online. The digital ID is your official College photo identification card and will grant you access to campus facilities and services. All submitted photos are used for internal purposes only.

If you don’t have a Student ID, you can access the MyPhoto online system and upload your photo directly in Montco Connect under Quick Links  > Virtual ID Photo Submission.

Are Student Services available on campus?

Enrollment Services will be available in a hybrid fashion—both on campus in College Hall at the Blue Bell Campus, and the first floor of South Hall at the Pottstown Campus, or available virtually through the Student Services Resource Center (SSRC) online chat or at

Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: closed
Sunday: closed
Services are closed on the following days:
  • Thursday, June 6, 2024 (Advisor Professional Development)
  • Wednesday, June 19, 2024 (Juneteenth)
  • Thursday, July 4, 2024, through Sunday July 8, 2024 (Independence Day)

Is there an ATM on campus?

There is an ATM available in the Health Sciences Center, located on the first floor in the atrium. There is also an ATM on the first floor in South Hall in the Montco Market.

What food services are available?

Cafeteria - Café Montco 
To support the needs of our Culinary Arts and Baking & Pastry Arts students, faculty and programs, the College Hall cafeteria will be transitioned to these programs and have ceased offering food services at the start of the 2023 semester - Wednesday, December 21st.

Montco Market
Montco Market, a self-service retail store offering fresh and frozen food, beverages, and snacks, is now open in Parkhouse Hall, Health Sciences Center at Blue Bell Campus, and in North and South Halls at Pottstown Campus. Food options are available at all hours of the day. Learn more.

Vending Machines
Fresh and frozen vending options are available in North Hall, and a snack/beverage machine is located on the 2nd floor of South Hall and on the 1st floor of College Hall.

Where can I find library services?

The Brendlinger Library is is located in College Hall on the Blue Bell Campus. The Library at Pottstown is located on the first floor in South Hall. However, the library team will continue to offer virtual events, support—such as a mailing service for books at Pottstown and a drop-off box for materials at Blue Bell—and various resources including eBooks, publications, and streaming video services. For the most up-to-date information and a full list of resources, visit the Library's website.

Are there study rooms available on campus?

Yes, study spaces are available in the library and throughout the Blue Bell and Pottstown Campuses. You are free to use the open spaces for study purposes.

Will the fitness center in the Health Sciences Center (HSC) be open?

The Fitness Center in the HSC at the Blue Bell Campus is open to students and employees Monday through Thursday, from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to noon.

Does Pottstown have a fitness center?

The Pottstown Fitness Center is located on the first floor of South Hall and the hours are:

  • 8:00am - 8:30pm M-F during the FA/SP semester
  • 9:00am - 4:00pm M-Th during the summer

Is the food pantry open for students at either campus?

The Stock Up for Success pantry is available at both campuses, stocked with snack foods and other non-perishable goods. Pottstown also has perishable goods and fresh lettuce and herbs like basil from the aquaponics units. The Pottstown food pantry are  located on the 2nd floor of South Hall and the 2nd floor back hallway of North Hall. At Blue Bell, look for baskets in the atrium areas in Parkhouse Hall, Advanced Technology Center, and Health Sciences Center. If you need further food assistance, please email

Will tutoring services be available?

Free individual tutoring services will be offered via 24/7 and limited in-person tutoring will take place. Open tutoring sessions, offering audio and video, are available for subjects such as Math, CIS, Writing, CHE 121, ESL and TEAS support. For more information on free tutoring services, visit the Tutoring page.

Where can I learn more about student organizations?

Check out Get Involved on Montco Connect for multiple opportunities to engage in clubs and organizations at Montco. For any additional questions, email

How can I be notified if the campus is closed due to an emergency?

In the event of an emergency or weather-related closing, the College provides electronic notification. Everyone is encouraged to enroll in this free, up-to-the-minute electronic messaging service. Sign up now.

Where can I go to participate in an online class while I’m on Blue Bell Campus?

Parkhouse Hall 122 has been reserved for you to participate in your online class while on campus.

Can I attend athletic events on campus?

Spectators are welcome to Montco sporting events.

Is the Children's Center open?

The Greater Philadelphia YMCA Early Learning Center at Montco is now open. Learn more by visiting the center's page.

Getting Ready for Class - Tech Support & Resources

+ /

How can I locate my Montco username and ID?

You can look up your username and ID online at

How can I reset my Montco password?

You can reset your password at

Can I get help with a computer loan or internet access for my upcoming courses?

Don’t have your own device? Complete the Request for Technology form, and we’ll work with you to provide a device that meets the needs of your program of study.

As a registered student, the College will provide you with access to Microsoft Teams and Zoom. You will also have the ability to install Microsoft Office 365 suite on up to 5 personal devices.

Internet Access

  • Xfinity Hotspots – Xfinity Wifi Hotspots will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet customers. Once at a hotspot, select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots, and then launch a browser.
  • AT&T WiFi Hotspots– If you reside near a local business using AT&T, you may have access to free AT&T WiFi hotspots.

Turn your smartphone into a WiFi Hotspot

If you have an existing mobile phone plan, you may be able to turn your phone into a mobile hotspot to thereby provide WiFi to a laptop. Below are some helpful resources:

What technology programs do I have access to as a Montco student?

Microsoft Office 365 is a web-based collection of office-related applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) that are used to create documents, presentations, spreadsheets, databases, etc. You do not need to purchase Office 365. You can download a free copy for your personal computer/laptop from the Office 365 link found on Montco Connect. You must use your Montco credentials to use the software. You may also install the mobile version from the Google Play Store or App Store.

What is the Bring your Own Device Policy (BYOD)? 

Now more than ever, it's important to have accessible technology with remote capability. In response, Montco has created the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program.

Use of a Chromebook, cell phone, or tablet is not currently recommended. You may review the technical requirements needed for your personal device, check to see if your program requires advanced hardware and/or software, and request a device if you do not have access to one.

I'm having trouble navigating Canvas.

Connecting to Zoom
Zoom is an online audio and web conferencing platform. People use it to make phone calls or to participate in video conference meetings. Each student and faculty member has their own zoom account that can be accessed from Montco Connect. To access the Montco Zoom link visit,

Canvas Announcements
Your instructor may use the Announcements tab to post important information about the course. It is important that you check this space often or setup your Canvas notifications so that you receive an email when a new announcement is posted.

You can also use the Canvas mobile app to receive push notifications for when a new announcement is posted. Announcements can be found on the course navigation menu.

Alternative formats with Website Accessibility widget
You may also view accessible versions of the content in your course. For example, you need a different visual site setting for color blindness.

When you see an icon that looks like a person in a blue circle commonly found at the bottom right of your content in your course. Click on this icon to access alternative formats of the content. This tool is the Website Accessibility settings.

What mobile apps does Montco have available to help me succeed?

Montco Connect App
Search for 'Montco Connect' in the Apple or Android store for easy access from your phone. By having the Montco Connect App, you will have the ability to receive push notifications, keeping you in the know on everything you need to succeed at Montco.

Canvas Mobile App
Access Canvas anywhere by downloading the Canvas and Montco Connect apps to your mobile device.

How do I connect to WiFi on campus?

We have two networks available, MC3Guest and MC3Secure. We highly recommend using MC3Secure to deliver faster speeds and greater security.

Once you have connected to a wireless network, open a web browser and you will be automatically redirected to the College's wireless registration tool. You will be guided through registering your device. If you are not automatically redirected, open a browser and navigate to Your username and password are the same as used to log into campus resources such as Montco Connect.

For more information on connecting to the network view our Knowledge Base article Secure Wireless Quick Guide.

Is there a printer I can use on campus?

As a student at the College, you have a $20.00 printing credit per semester. Page costs vary from $0.07 to $0.35 depending on what you print. Visit printing services for more information.

I need technical assistance. Who can I talk to?

Connect with IT Support Services for live service assistance.

Are computer labs available for student use?

Because we are a BYOD campus, Montco does not provide computer labs. We encourage you to bring your own device. Contact the Help Desk if you would like to learn more about Montco’s laptop loan program.

Where can I find information about online class formats?

To help you prepare for classes, visit our online resource page to find tips and clarification about Montco’s online learning formats.

Wrapping up the Semester

+ /

How do I find my final grades?

You can view your final grades in Canvas within 24 hours of the last day of each session. Refer to this guide on how to check your grades within Canvas.

How do I register for the next session?

Before registering for the next session, you will need to complete the Student Financial Responsibility Agreement (SFRA). This form is required each semester.

Once the SFRA is signed, head to Self-Service in Montco Connect to register for your next class.

If you need assistance making your schedule, you can reach out to the Student Services Resource Center (SSRC) for assistance. The SSRC team is available Monday- Friday via  live chat.

My goal is to transfer to a 4-year institution. How does this work?

The College offers a wealth of transfer opportunities for our students looking to pursue a 4-year degree. If you are thinking of transferring after you obtain a Montco degree, you can review our transfer agreements and use our MyTransferPlan search tool to explore your options.

Your academic advisor can also assist you in the process.