Veterans pay in-county rates

If you meet any of the qualifying items listed below, you will be billed at the in-county rate if you live in Pennsylvania.

  • If you are a veteran, spouse of a veteran, or dependent child of a veteran.
  • If you are serving in the military, are a spouse of someone serving in the military, or a dependent child of someone currently in the military
  • If you are a civilian working at a Department of Defense facility here in Pennsylvania, and residing in Pennsylvania, their spouse or a dependent child.

Spouses and dependents in any of the above categories must verify their status every semester they are enrolled at Montco. Verification needs to be presented to Enrollment Services.

Verify Status

Note: A veteran means any individual who has served in the National Guard, the Reserves, or on Active Duty with a discharge other than dishonorable. Veterans must provide a DD-214 to show that they did serve and did receive a discharge other than dishonorable.

To receive these benefits, you must verify your status within one of these categories, and show appropriate documentation to the Enrollment Services office. For more information, see House Bill 131 (PDF) passed in July of 2015.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website.