Supporting you mentally and physically
Don't be afraid to ask for help!
Throughout life we all face challenges that can have a negative impact physically and/or mentally. Simply juggling the demands of work, school, relationships and everyday life can wear us down. During these tough times we have resources to support your well-being and success. If you're having an emergency or crisis situation, dial 9-1-1 for immediate assistance.
Talkspace – online therapy program
Talkspace is an online therapy service (PDF) that connects you to a dedicated, licensed therapist from a secure, HIPAA-compliant mobile app and web platform. Clients can send their therapist text, voice or video messages - anytime, anywhere.
As a student, you now have the ability to receive online, asynchronous therapy at no cost to you. Talkspace communication is confidential and secure. You will need your College email to sign in.
MindWise Mental Health Screening
MindWise Mental Health Screening is an interactive, quick and anonymous online health screening tool. Find an overview of signs and symptoms of treatable disorders and resources for local treatment options. Screenings are available for current wellbeing for yourself or a loved one.
- Screens for anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, posttraumatic stress, disordered eating, psychosis, alcohol and substance use, opioid misuse, gambling, and wellbeing
- Gives an overview of the signs and symptoms of treatable behavioral health disorders
- Provides information and resources for quality, local treatment options
Student Support and Referral Team
The Student Support and Referral Team (SSRT) in the Student Success Center at Central and West.
- Free, confidential service referring students and faculty to healthcare professionals and other community resources
- Can confidentially email SSRT at email@example.com
Central Campus in Blue Bell
West Campus in Pottstown
The Culinary Arts Institute in Lansdale
Mercy Suburban Hospital Emergency
Einstein Medical Center Montgomery
Pottstown Memorial Medical Center
- Montgomery County Mental and Behavioral Health – available Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Call 610-278-3642
- Montgomery County Adult Mental Health Services Guide – open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 855-634-HOPE. A Peer Support Talk Line is open from 1 - 9 p.m. at 855-715-TALK or by texting 267-225-PSTL
- National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI) PA Montgomery County
- Montgomery County Community Connections – a 'Navicate' can point you in the right direction, and even refer you to a variety of resources based on need
- Central Behavioral Health
- Penn Foundation – Located in Sellersville, the Penn Foundation offers a variety of programs and services ranging from crisis services to yoga classes
- Creative Health Services, Inc – offices in Pottstown and surrounding areas, providing outpatient support
- Merakey – formerly NHS Human Services, offers behavioral health services in Lansdale
- Victim Services Center of Montgomery County – 24-hour hotline available - 1-888-521-0983
- Find a Mental Health Practitioner
- The Resiliency Center – The Resiliency Center of Greater Philadelphia is home to multiple independent practitioners who work mindfully to promote holistic wellness.
- ULifeline – an online resource for college mental health
- Jed Foundation (JED) – aims to protect emotional health and prevent suicide
- Half of Us – video resources and personal stories on mental health and substance abuse
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – Get help by contacting the Lifeline crisis chat online, calling 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255), or texting TALK to 741741
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) – A free, confidential national helpline, 1-800-662-HELP (4357)