Radiography clinical assignments
This Program is comprised of five (5) continuous semesters of classroom/laboratory work and clinical education. The combination of each of these never exceeds 40 hours per week, but does require a commitment every day of the week (M-F) and occasionally on weekends. Clinical education centers may be geographically dispersed and students are responsible for transportation to/from their assignments. Each student rotates through at least 6 different clinical education centers at some point in the program.
Distance from Central Campus in Blue Bell:
- Pottstown Memorial Medical Center (22 miles)
- Suburban Community Hospital (3.5 miles)
- Einstein Medical Center-Montgomery (4.8 miles)
- Doylestown Hospital (13 miles)
- Abington Lansdale Hospital (8.2 miles)
- Oaks Radiology (14 miles)
- Boyertown Rehab and Imaging (25 miles)
- Montgomery Orthopedics (3.7 miles)
- Suburban Community Hospital-Lansdale (9.1 miles)
- PA Orthopedics-Malvern (17 miles)
- Coatesville VA Medical Center (33 miles)
- Rothman Institute-Limerick (21 miles)
- Premier Orthopedics-Pottstown (22 miles)
- Jefferson Outpatient Imaging - E.Norriton (3.4 miles)
- Jefferson Outpatient Imaging - Collegeville (12 miles)
- Children’s Hospital King of Prussia (12 miles)
There is potential to acquire additional sites through the duration of the program.
Students in the Program spend 225 hours per semester (15 hours per week) in clinical education during their first two semesters in this Program. Clinical hours are scheduled to begin between 7:30 am- 8:30 am and end between 3:30-4:30 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday. The starting and ending time depends on the clinical education center assigned for the semester. These hours include a 30 minute lunch and 15 min break each day. The remaining days during the week are spent in classes, laboratory or outside studies.
The summer semester is comprised of a 300 hour clinical course and is generally scheduled four days per week. One Saturday and the option for up to four evening rotations can be assigned during this ten week semester per student. Students will receive these off hour assignments well in advance of their scheduled dates.
During the last year in the Program, students spend 300 hours per semester in their clinical courses which are scheduled on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. 7.5 hours per day which include 30 mins for lunch and a 15 min break. Clinical hours are generally 7:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m., 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m., 8:30-4:00; 9:00- 4:30 p.m. depending on the clinical education center assigned. Classroom work is scheduled for the remaining two days.
Vacation time and holidays
In addition to all college-wide observed holidays, winter break and spring break, students also have 2 weeks off between the end of the spring semester and the start of the summer clinical course, the week of July 4th and approximately 2-3 weeks between the end of the summer clinical course and the beginning of the fall semester (depending on the fall start date).
Holidays observed are:
- New Year’s Day
- MLK Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving including the day before and the day after
- Christmas Eve
- New Year’s Eve.
Students are expected to attend all classes and assigned clinical days. Any additional personal leave is limited and must be approved by the Program Director.