Voting Resources for Students
Are you prepared for the 2022 election? Make sure your voice is heard on November 8, 2022.
2022 Election Information
- October 24 – Last day to register to vote in the general election
- November 1 – Last day to apply for a mail-in or absentee ballot (applications must be received by the County Election Office by 5 p.m.)
- November 8 – Election Day
Polls are open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Mail-in ballots must be received by the County Election Official by 8 p.m.)
Register to vote
If you're not yet registered to vote, here's your chance!
- Be a citizen of the United States for at least one month.
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania and the election district you want to vote in for at least 30 days.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Are you registered? Check your voter registration status.
Montco partners with TurboVote, run by the organization Democracy Works, to provide our community with a simple voter registration tool. Through TurboVote you can:
- Register to vote
- Request a mail-in or absentee ballot
- Sign up for important election reminders
- Learn more about mail-in voting
- Apply for a mail-in ballot online – you'll need a PA Driver’s License or Photo ID
Already applied? Check the status of your ballot application.
Pennsylvania holds closed presidential primary elections, which means only registered members of a party may vote in that party's primary. Unaffiliated voters are excluded from participating in the party nomination contests but can vote for non-partisan issues on the ballot such as referendums, constitutional amendments, etc.
What do I need to bring to the polls?
If you've voted at your polling place before, you don't need to show ID to vote. If you're a first-time voter, or if you moved within Pennsylvania and are voting for the first time at a new polling place, you must show ID to vote.