Required biology courses for students in the programs listed below have certain biology and chemistry prerequisites that must be met before a student can register for those courses. These prerequisites can be met either through previous coursework at the high school and college level, or by achieving a score of at least 59 on the biology placement exam and meeting the chemistry prerequisite requirement.
Prerequisites are valid only if taken within the last five years.
- High school chemistry, grade of C or better or;
- CHE 121 or CHE 131 or CHE 151, grade of C or better or;
- Equivalent college-level transfer course, grade of C or better
- Biology placement exam with a score of 59 or higher or;
- BIO 121, grade of C or better or;
- Equivalent college level transfer course, grade of C or better
Area of Study
We strongly encourage students in the following programs to take the biology placement exam if they do not otherwise meet the biology prerequisite:
- Life Science
- Exercise Science
Also, if you are interested in admission to one of the following programs, we encourage you to take the biology placement exam if you do not otherwise meet the biology prerequisite:
- Dental Hygiene
- Surgical Technology
- Physical Therapy Assistant
Test Preparation Materials
We highly recommend that you prepare for the placement tests. It may be helpful for you to see some sample questions or to prepare using the College’s Foundational Skills Lab supplemental instructional materials.
For questions about the biology placement test, contact email@example.com.