|CLEP remote proctoring is now available. Visit College Board for more information.|
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) was created by the College Board to allow students to demonstrate college-level achievement through a series of exams in undergraduate content.
College-Level Examination Program and Montco
Both Blue Bell Campus and Pottstown Campus are considered "open" test sites, meaning we will administer CLEP exams to any interested student, including those who may attend schools out of state.
Before you test
Before taking a CLEP exam, gather all relevant information about your institution's CLEP credit-granting policies. These policies vary among institutions concerning which CLEP examinations are acceptable for credit. It's important that you double-check before registering for a test you might not receive credit for.
- List of CLEP Equivalencies
- All CLEP testing is computer-based and exams are available year-round.
- You can take only two exams on any given exam date.
- CLEP policy allows for exams to be repeated after a three-month waiting period.
- All exams are scored on a scale of 20 to 80, and the recommended credit-granting score for all exams is 50, a score representative of a grade of C.
- Score reports are available immediately upon completion of the exam.
- The institution you indicated as a score recipient will receive its copy approximately three to four weeks after your exam is scored.
- CLEP exam credits will be entered on your Montco transcript only if you are currently enrolled or have graduated from the College.
- Students with disabilities who need accommodations for CLEP testing should contact the Director of Disability Services. If you have hidden disabilities, you will need to submit documentation to verify eligibility for accommodations. Approval for accommodations must be received before making an appointment to test—make sure to leave enough time to get approval and make your appointment.
The total fee for each CLEP exam is $89 for the exam and a $25-$35 administrative fee ($25 for the CLEP test, $35 for the CLEP test with an optional essay).
Wait! Have you registered with CLEP?
You must first register and pay for the CLEP exam before setting up an appointment at Montco. Registering for the exam provides you with a payment receipt and a ticket ID is needed to schedule the date and time to take the exam.
It's important that you double-check before registering for a test you might not receive credit for.
Make an appointment
After you have registered and paid for the exam, complete the form to request an appointment to take the CLEP exam at Montco. After you have completed the form, you will be directed to PayPal to make your $25 or $35 administrative fee payment. Please print the receipt and bring your paid receipt with you on the day of your exam. The fees for CLEP exams are nonrefundable. If you reschedule an appointment with less than 24 hours notice, you will be required to pay the $25 or $35 administrative fee again.
CLEP remote proctoring is unavailable at this time. Visit College Board for more information.
CLEP Blue Bell Campus Testing Hours
Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 2 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
CLEP Pottstown Campus Testing Hours
Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.