March 2, 2020
Update on the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19)
This message was sent to students and employees.
Students and Employees,
I am writing to update you on the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19). Please be assured that the health and safety of our students and employees are our priorities as we work through this situation. To date, there have been no known cases in Pennsylvania.
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the symptoms of the coronavirus may include fever, cough and shortness of breath. Symptoms may appear in as few as two days or as long as 14 days after exposure. If you have any questions or concerns about the coronavirus, please contact your health care provider.
To help prevent coronavirus infection, do the same things you do to avoid a common cold:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Anyone who has reason to believe he or she may have the coronavirus or have been in contact with someone who has it should notify Campus Safety at 215-641-6604 or email CampusSafety@mc3.edu.
For the most up-to-date information, about the coronavirus please visit the following sites:
- Centers for Disease Control
- World Health Organization
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Montgomery County Office of Public Health
Lastly, we encourage everyone to sign up for our emergency text messaging at mc3.edu/txt. We will continue to keep you updated as we learn more about this situation.
Dr. Victoria L. Bastecki-Perez
Interim President and Provost