Faculty Emeritus Status
Board of Trustee Policy: 6.1
Date: September 2014
To permanently recognize faculty and professional/administrative staff who served the college in a positive and professional manner over an extended period of time, the board of trustees has established emeritus status.
Emeritus status may be granted to faculty and professional/administrative staff in recognition of service to the College who have retired in good standing. Upon recommendation by the President, the Board of Trustees may grant emeritus status at the professional rank or title held at the time of retirement. The President forwards recommendations to the Board of Trustees for their September meeting.
The following conditions must exist before emeritus status is granted.
- The person must retire in good standing from a full-time position with the College; and
- The retiree must have a minimum of ten (10) years of full-time professional service with the College.
The emeritus status will include:
- The opportunity to participate in major College events and College-wide ceremonies that include all staff;
- The opportunity to receive a tuition waiver for College credit courses taken at the College in the same manner as full-time staff;
- The opportunity to participate in the annual academic procession at Commencement in the same manner as full-time staff;
- Normal staff privileges related to the Libraries, Physical Education Center, cultural events and parking; and
- Emeritus retirees will be listed on a plaque displayed in the College.