Assess your college readiness
Before you register for classes at Montco, we need to determine what academic level your courses should be. To do this, we look at your high school transcripts, prior academic experiences, performance on standardized tests and college (testing) assessments.
Submit your standardized test scores and transcripts to Montco as early as possible. Depending on your result, you may qualify for exemption from college assessment.
We consider the following documents when placing students:
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- Advanced Placement (AP) test scores
- High school transcripts
- College transcripts
- CLEP exams
- TOEFL exam
If you haven't taken any standardized tests, you may need to take one or more assessments to measure your reading, writing and math skills.
What you need to know for testing
You can take your placement tests either virtually or at our Placement Testing Center.
Using Our Placement Testing Center
- Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled time.
- Bring a photo ID (required). A current student ID, driver’s license, state or military ID, or passport will be accepted.
- You cannot bring food or beverages of any kind into the testing room.
- Allow yourself enough time to take each test.
Arranging Virtual Placement Testing
- There is a $25 fee for virtual testing.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a voucher. Include your name, date of birth, student ID and tests you want to take. We will take it from there and guide you through the rest of the process.
Why do we ask for so much information?
We want to ensure that you're ready for the academic rigors of college and that you have taken all the high school classes needed to succeed at Montco. You may discover that you need a little help with math, writing or reading, or instead learn that you've tested out of and don't have to take a course.
Placement testing is available on a walk-in basis at Central Campus in Blue Bell and West Campus in Pottstown. No appointment is necessary; however, we advise you to allow at least two hours if completing all three exams during one sitting.
Hours & location
Testing services are available from both Central and West Campuses. Please arrive at least one hour before closing to ensure you have ample time to test. If you are taking multiple tests, please adjust accordingly.
Central Campus in Blue Bell
Monday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
West Campus in Pottstown
Monday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Tuesday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
|Central Campus in Blue Bell
|West Campus in Pottstown
Before taking placement assessment, attend a free prep session to brush-up on your skills.