Assess your college readiness
Before you register for classes at Montco, we need to determine what academic level your courses should be. To do this, we look at your high school transcripts, prior academic experiences, performance on standardized tests and college assessments.
Submit your standardized test scores and transcripts to Montco as early as possible. Depending on your result, you may qualify for exemption from college assessment.
We consider the following documents when placing students:
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- Advanced Placement (AP) exam scores
- High school transcripts
- College transcripts
- CLEP exams
- DSST exams
- International Baccalaureate ® (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) transcript
- TOEFL exam
- Determine if you are exempt from placement assessments. Learn more.
- Submit your academic transcripts from high school and/or college, if applicable, to
- If you do not have access to a high school transcript, you may submit your last four years’ worth of report cards and/or SAT/ACT scores.
- If you have been out of high school for more than 10 years or do not have access to high school transcripts, please contact an academic advisor to help determine appropriate placement.
Note: The bio placement assessment is available to take in-person and online. For more information, contact an advisor or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why do we ask for so much information?
We want to ensure that you're ready for the academic rigors of college and that you have taken all the high school classes needed to succeed at Montco. You may discover that you need a little help with math, writing or reading, or instead learn that you've tested out of and don't have to take a course.
Before taking placement assessment, attend a free prep session to brush-up on your skills.
|Monday||8 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Saturday||8 a.m. to noon|