If you plan on transferring to a four-year-institution and majoring in computer science, our Computer Science Associate degree program offers a solid foundation. Through hands-on instruction, you will practice skills in state-of-the-art computer labs.
- Design solutions to quantitative problems by applying algorithm design;
- Design solutions to quantitative problems using programming support tools;
- Exhibit an ability to communicate effectively in a professional technical environment;
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional, ethical, legal, and security issues for programming professionals;
- Demonstrate knowledge of mathematical principles required for work in computer science;
- Construct program solutions using various data structures and testing techniques complete with supporting documentation and testing plans;
- Construct program solutions that include testing techniques, testing plans, and supporting documentation.
Our Associate of Science program provides an economical yet academically rigorous start to your bachelor’s degree. It allows you to transfer seamlessly to schools in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE). It likewise meets the requirements of the Pennsylvania Department of Education’s Transfer Agreement Oversight Committee (TAOC).
General Education Requirements
|ENG 101||English Composition I||3|
|BIO 121, CHE 121 or PHY 121||General Biology I, General Chemistry - Inorganic or General Physics I||4|
|BIO 122, CHE 122 or PHY 122||General Biology II, General Chemistry - Organic or General Physics II||4|
|Elective||Choose one of the following: ART 101, ART 102, ART 103, ART 111, ART 121, DAN 101, DAN 102, DAN 103, DAN 110, DAN 121, DAN 123, DAN 131, DAN 134, DAN 251, MUS 110, MUS 112, MUS 113, MUS 114, THA 105||3|
|Elective - 200 Level LIT Course||Choose one of the following: ENG 201, ENG 202, ENG 211, ENG 212, ENG 221, ENG 222, ENG 235, ENG 236, ENG 237, ENG 238, ENG 245, ENG 246, ENG 248, ENG 255, ENG 256, ENG 257, ENG 265, ENG 266, ENG 275 or ENG 285||3|
|PSY 101 or SOC 101||Introduction to Psychology or Introduction to Sociology||3|
|CMS 110 or CMS 120||Speech Communication or Public Speaking||3|
|Elective||ANT 104, HIS 101, HIS 102, HIS 203 or HIS 205||3|
|CIS 110 or CIS 155||Computer Information Systems for Management or PC Application on Networks||3|
|CIS 111||Computer Science I: Programming and Concepts||3|
|CIS 111B||Computer Science II: Object Oriented Programming||3|
|CIS 112||Computer Science III: Data Structures and Algorithms||3|
|CIS 126||Computer Architecture and Organization||3|
|CIS 245||Database Management Systems/SQL||3|
|MAT 125||Discrete Mathematics||3|
|MAT 130||Probability and Statistics||4|
|MAT 190||Calculus and Analytical Geometry I||4|
Total Program Credits: 61
*If necessary, Math pre-requisite (MAT-100, MAT-161 or MAT-162) recommended.
**CIS-151 Systems Analysis and Design recommended.